Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

Just to show the temperature SP is available from the pad

Is there anything relevant in the HA log?

Not really, there was a connection error an hour ago but that was around the time I restarted

I don’t really know how to help any more. Multiple ACs behind one Airtouch is probably not something that’s been tested. You’d have to ask the author of the integration or someone else who’s tried it. It’s open source, you could look at the code yourself if you have the knowledge to do it.

1 Like

It’s definitely possible to control two AC units from a single Airtouch tablet using the Airtouch 4 integration, as this is what I’m currently doing myself. My second AC unit does have multiple ducts though, so maybe the integration will behave a little bit differently (but I wouldn’t imagine so).

I believe that your issue is caused by the fact that when all dampers from a specific AC unit are set to 0%, the target temperature indicator disappears, which might be forced by the Airtouch itself. Your later screenshot from the Airtouch app/ touchpad shows this behaviour on the Airtouch app / tablet, where the white sphere is not present for AC Upper. Maybe since AC Upper only has a single duct, the damper value is always set to 0% when turning off the AC, causing the target temperature to disappear?

Does AC Upper have a single zone / damper assigned in the Zones section of the Airtouch tablet? If so, could you try setting the damper from AC Upper to 100% in the Airtouch app in the Zones section and test if the target temperature is then shown by the Airtouch integration? You could also directly change the damper value using the Airtouch integration (the damper entity should come up as fan.damper_XX)?

@tamorix, it is the AC Ground that is actually having the issue but yes the AC Ground has 0 zones installed in airtouch4, I have tried turning AC Ground on via the pad and reloading the integration but it still does not get the temperature setpoint

If you have 0 zones for AC Ground, does that mean you have no fan.damper_XX entities for AC Ground in the integration? Is the logger for the Airtouch integration currently set to debug mode in your config file to potentially get some more information during the initialization process?

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.polyaire: debug

Having 8 features might not be the problem in itself. If I turn off all the dampers for the AC the supported_features changes to 8 for me as well (and min_temp and max_temp are set to null). The moment I set one of the dampers to a higher percentage than 0, the supported_features changes back to 9, and min_temp and max_temp get their proper values again.

Ah so I somehow need to add a damper to the Unit?
Here is the log from integration

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: helpers/service.py:851
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:53:29 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:53:34 AM

[139763427016384] Entity climate.ac_ground does not support this service.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 226, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1974, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2011, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 235, in handle_service
    return await service.entity_service_call(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 851, in entity_service_call
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity climate.ac_ground does not support this service.

Yeah, I would personally try to add a single zone for AC Ground on the Airtouch tablet (or ask your installer to do this or ask if it’s possible) to see if that would fix the issues. This should then automatically create the fan.damper_XX entity in the integration. If that’s not possible it could be that the single damper system of AC Ground actually isn’t properly supported by the integration, but I’m afraid I don’t know enough about the actual code whether that’s true or not.

2 Likes

@tamorix, that fixed it thanks mate. Installer added a dummy zone and I can now set the temperature of the unit. Thanks for everyone’s help, much appreciated!!

Glad to hear the issue is fixed!

Ok I have another question re this integration. I see here that there was an issue last year where by the integration would not update if nothing changed. I have the issue currently where the temperature does not poll and I have to change something to get the integration to update.
Is there a workaround?

I’ve got a script to change one of the ITC Modes to Damper driven (using service ‘Fan: Set preset mode’), wait 5 secs and then change it back to temperature driven - at 3:00am every day… It’s not pretty, but I haven’t had them drop out since I set it up.

I don’t have issues with updates, but I have quite regular automations running - at least every six hours, often hourly.

Hi, I have the Airtouch with 8 zones installed and working but when I go to turn on a zone that is off, it turns on the whole unit rather than just setting that zone to on.
So if I wanted to have a play with the zones with the unit off, soon as I turn a zone on the whole heating/cooling activates and turns on.

Is there a way to stop zone on/off switch from turning on the system?

Can you be a bit more precise? Are you turning things on and off with this extension or the Air touch console? What happens if you use the other input? Exactly how are you interacting with the extension?

Have you tried turning debug logs on and looking to see what it says?

I have the air touch 4, I can change zones and dampers with any input type while the unit is off with no problems.

With the extensions entities.
When I set a zones mode from off to Fan, it switches that zone to on but also turns on the main unit.

Are you sure you’re using this extension rather than the default HA AirTouch extension? With this extension the way I have it set up you turn a zone on or off, you don’t change the mode of a zone.

If you set the mode to fan, the unit is in fan mode. What you probably want to do is switch a zone on or off

If you want more help you’re going to have to provide more information more precisely. Screenshot, logs, etc.

I don’t know what you mean by this extension or default HA AirTouch.
If you mean is the integration direct from HA, then yes.