Ajax alarm system

Reboot doesn’t help. I have rebooted and restarted my HA lots of times to allow addons to update.

Something is seriously screwed up somewhere.

became unavailable

15:23:34 - 6 minutes ago

changed to Disarmed

15:23:14 - 6 minutes ago

changed to Disarmed

15:09:39 - 20 minutes ago

In the last few minutes, the logs are reporting states that have changed when they haven’t.

Maybe you should try to deactivate all addons and reactivate them one by one to see how it goes. My AJAX SIA integration works fine as well. Is your Ajax hub connected to Ethernet of WIfi?

I will make a start and remove any unused addons and go through them if it doesn’t help.

My hub is connected via the LAN and 2g. I have setup the monitoring station on the internal IP. The LAN connection is rock solid.

I’ve uninstalled the SIA integration and reset the encryption key in the Ajax arm.

I’ve now installed the integration again and put in the details and rebooted and it’s working again - for now. Hopefully, it will be stable.

Good news. It was certainly the best to do.

yes, so far so good. Not a single error so far. FIngers crossed. Thanks for your help.

So, after reconfiguring everything I have stability but checking the log it seems I get this unavailable status almost on an hourly basis for nearly a minute. Is this normal behaviour?`It’s almost like the inverse of what I had before, constant “unavailable” messages and sporadic moments of connectivity.

No it is not normal. On my side it is rock solid. What hub do you have, which version ?

Ajax Hub 2, 2.14.0.

I am talking with someone from Ajax now and will hopefully get some clarity.

Do you have “connect on demand” enabled in the Hub settings in the Ajax app?

After changing HA hardware, I noticed that all Ajax sensor status shows unknown. But it works correctly after I first time trigger the sensor, i.e. turn on/off alarm or activate water leak sensor. After that it shows their current state as disarmed/dry.

Has it always been like that? I seem to recall that fire alarm showed “clear” without any smoke triggering tricks and now it just shows “unknown”. Using Ajax Hub Plus with 2.13.1 firmware.

How do I get Ajax Hub to send SIA sensor status report without triggering alarms?

I have now disabled “Connect on demand” and since then I have no more “unavailable” status entries in the log.

" Connect on demand. Enable this option if you need to connect to the CMS only when transmitting an event. If the option is disabled, the connection is maintained continuously. The option is available only for the SIA protocol."

I am wondering if this is the cause? That after a while the integration thinks there is no communication at some point?

The integration sets the entities to unavailable if it has not had any messages in the timespan of the ping interval (plus 30 seconds to allow latency etc), so reading that description of the connect on demand setting, I’m not sure if that means it will no longer send those “RP” messages that tell the integration that it is available, in the interface in the app it also does not look like they supercede each other, I can still edit the ping interval there even with Connect on demand turned on… weird stuff, but good to hear most people have been able to resolve their issues!

I have this reply from Ajax after I reported my findings.

"
The problem may be related to the specifics of the operation of the remote control itself.

RP ping leaves the hub with a timestamp → the server responds with NAK → the hub repeats the RP ping without a timestamp, if you receive an ACK then everything is fine, sending the ping is counted successfully, if we receive NAK 3 times for a packet without a timestamp → then we consider the ping not sent and no longer try to repeat until the next ping is sent.

In your case we recommend you to use configuration without connection on demand and it will help to solve the issue"

I certainly have not had a single issue now since removing “Connect on demand” in the Ajax hub settings.

Thanks for sharing this @adamch, this kind of interaction isn’t really well described in the SIA spec, so this helps!

No worries, hope it helps.

I have a problem again. The tile card in the dashboard has been flashing “Unavailable” most of the day and persists after a HA restart. The log seems to be correct though and shows the correct status.

– edit…some 8 hours later

The connectivity entity shows disconnected and is still in this state despite a reboot. The alarm entity shows that it has received the correct status.

changed to Disarmed
07:40:02 - 3 minutes ago

– edit again

I tried removing and reconfiguring the integration and no joy. So i went up and pulled the ethernet cable from the Ajax hub and reinserted it and suddenly all the entities have the correct status again.

I have contacted Ajax support once again to try and get clarity on where the problem must lie.

Hi guys,

I would assume one cannot setup two separate protocols for Monitoring Station? E.g. my security company is connected via Ajax Translator (with two IPs configured). I don’t really want to remove the config, but I’d assume it’s either Translator or SIA configured?

Anyone? How do I get SIA integration fire alarm status to show “clear” instead of “unknown”?

I am really at my wits end with the SIA stuff. I cannot get any form of stability and every day or so there’s a problem.

This morning, I was checking the status of everything and once again it’s all “unavailable”. Worse, somehow HA has discarded my previous entities and setup new ones but given them new names. Now all my automations and dashboard entities have failed.

It is quite hard to help you on this matter since on my side everything is working perfectly. Maybe we could review the SIA parameters on Ajax app side. Here are mines:
Protocol: SIA DC-09 (SIA-DCS)
Connect on demand: yes
Site id: whatever your wish (I guess you should stick to the value you originally set-up)
IP address: fixed IP address of HA instance
Port: 5656
Secondary IP: 0.0.0.0
Secondary port: 0
Network options:
Ethernet: yes
GPRS: no
Wifi: no
Periodic reports: yes
Ping interval: 1mn
Encryption: no
Send coordinates: no

On HA side: I just put number of zones that the hub is managing with Ignore the timestamp check for SIA events unchecked.

Currently running Ajax firmware 2.14.0

If it still fails, as a troubleshooting guide, maybe you could set-up a separate HA instance on a dedicated RPi and see how things are going.

I really wish it could help you.