Ajax integration with regular Ajax API

Wowwww
Founded in the doc the documentation of API : Swagger UI

This is great, but doesn’t this require an API key and to be registered at Ajax portal?

Need an API key as well so can’t do that… :frowning:

I don’t kown why Ajax don’t wan’t to provide apikey to enduser… I think is securty risk

Anyone can ping moderator to advance on this situation ?

Ajax made it very clear that they deal with companies not with end users. If someone has direct contact with Nabu Casa management, it would great to get this request raised.

Really true.
Maybe force Ajax to ear peoples by sending multiple requests.

IMHO the ball is in the Nabu Casa camp that first should apply for an API key on behalf on the company. Then Ajax may answer Yes or No. I may mistaken, but I understand there are a few knowledgeable fellows that are ready to face the challenge to developing an integration

3 Likes

Hello,

I’am a developper, I just finish a call with Ajax and I talk with api developer team about to add on SIA state of door event if alarm is not arm. It’s a first time they hear so they will study that. But I think if lot user ask for it, it can be possible. So I think you can ask Ajax to do that (on linkdin, facebook, telegram, mail or any other communication you have). I also ask Jeedom community to do the same.

I’am not sure they will do something but we need to try.

3 Likes

OS malverich 2.16 will be finish in few months or end at the year. It seems that Ajax take a new road.
Difference Pro and standard users with another’s products.
About some internal infos (to confirm), something big can happen about API and open intercation with that. But with limited restrictions, En50131 and NFA2P will be not respected so that’s why Ajax separate products. You can see now by visit their website, it call Superior.

Keep an eye of new updates :slight_smile:

That’s great! Definitely a good reponse from Ajax after a while. (Already did it but without reponses)
With my latest message, it confirm that Ajax would like separate Pro products and end-user products.

For the moment, wouldn’t it work just to dismantle an AJAX Space Control fob, for the purpose of soldering (for example) a zigbee switch to the internal buttons so the alarm can be at least armed and disarmed through an automation? Together with the integration that monitors the alarm state only, I think some sort of control from HASS would be possible. I know it is not the cleanest solution but it could work. Couldn’t it?

This is exactly what some of us have done, see Controlling Ajax. As for me I use 3 relays of a relay board that is connected to ethernet.

2 Likes

Here you can vote for HA integration

1 Like

Not related to Ajax API.

1 Like

please post your message here, and may be delete this one? thank you
Ajax thread

1 Like

you can join on my project… i’m working on it!

2 Likes

@Den901 Looking forward to your progress on the AJAX API integration.
What kind of support do you need to get things moving?
As an AJAX supplier/installer, I’m able to get an API key if you’re still missing out on that. If you need someone to test, I can support you with that as well.

Hi! I have to finish the manager on github and then we can integrate it…

For now u can use a simple nodered flow

Can you help me obtain an API key?
My application to the Ajax site was rejected. A nice lady phoned me from Ajax to know the use of my API key inquiry.
When she understood that it will be for Homeassistant replied me that it is not their way of company development and are focusing on closed ecosystem (ajax light switches, relays, flood sensors etc)
On the question why did Jeedom received an integration, it was about big money (probably a big project)

If i could have it i could try support others work on integration.

Yeah, I recently learned as well that AJAX is changing it’s strategy, which is a shame…
Companies who changed their model to an open, accessible API (like Philips Hue) have seem to be way more successful than others.
Anyways, next time I’ll talk to my AJAX representative I’ll discuss it again to see if I can gather the required API key.