Alarm.com List Index Out of Range

Added this through HACS. I keep getting this error:

Logger: pyalarmdotcomajax.pyalarmdotcomajax
Source: custom_components/alarmdotcomajax/alarm_control_panel.py:170 
First occurred: 3:43:33 PM (172 occurrences) 
Last logged: 3:46:17 PM

Error executing Arm+Stay, logging in and trying again...

My Config

# Frontpoint Alarm
alarm_control_panel:
  - platform: alarmdotcomajax
    name: alarm_com
    username: !secret frontpoint_username
    password: !secret frontpoint_password
    code: "1234"
    force_bypass: "true"
    no_entry_delay: "home"
    silent_arming: "home"

It does see my state accordingly.

So what did you do exactly? I have the same exact problem.
Thanks

Start by omitting the code line and setting the last 3 values to false. Do a HA restart and see how it reacts.

Got it to work by just deleting the first 2 options.

force_bypass: "true"
    no_entry_delay: "home"

Thanks
I left code in. That works.

Currently running 106.2 and looking to upgrade to 107.7 - ran the Check Home Assistant configuration App and received the following errors:

INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pyalarmdotcomajax==0.1.2
ERROR:homeassistant.util.package:Unable to install package pyalarmdotcomajax==0.1.2: ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: /usr/local/bin/python -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-d_do6t_k/pyalarmdotcomajax/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-d_do6t_k/pyalarmdotcomajax/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'
'"'"', '"'"'
'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-install-d_do6t_k/pyalarmdotcomajax/pip-egg-info
         cwd: /tmp/pip-install-d_do6t_k/pyalarmdotcomajax/
    Complete output (9 lines):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-install-d_do6t_k/pyalarmdotcomajax/setup.py", line 4, in <module>
        import pyalarmdotcomajax
      File "/tmp/pip-install-d_do6t_k/pyalarmdotcomajax/pyalarmdotcomajax/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
        from .pyalarmdotcomajax import Alarmdotcom
      File "/tmp/pip-install-d_do6t_k/pyalarmdotcomajax/pyalarmdotcomajax/pyalarmdotcomajax.py", line 5, in <module>
        from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bs4'
    ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Platform error alarm_control_panel.alarmdotcomajax - Requirements for alarmdotcomajax not found: ['pyalarmdotcomajax==0.1.2'].

Running on a NUC Ubuntu/Docker setup. Integration is running / behaving just fine, so unsure if this will be an issue if I try to upgrade.

Running under Supervisor but this custom component is working as expected for me on 0.107.7

Good morning, I am back using the ajax version and have been for about a week. All of a sudden arm_home is not working, but arm_away is. Getting an error message that attribute does not exist.

Are you using the most recent version of the Custom Component? I can confirm that the Arm Home command is working for me using the most recent version of the CC (installed and updated via HACS) under HA Core 0.108.1.

Now that this is rock solid, at least in my opinion. Is there room for a couple tweaks? Like, can it say Armed Home instead of armed_home? Same with away, and disarmed. I am able to fix it with a template sensor but then you can’t arm/disarm from the UI. Open to other suggestions if there are any.

Also, I imagine it is a lot of work but, fully integrated into HAss instead of a custom component?

Thank you for this awesome custom component though. Every night I smile at how much more responsive it is than the previous integration.

I use a template sensor, as you suggested, to change status (as well as custom icons / colors), and then use a script via the UI to set the alarm to home/away based on my/my wife’s location:

Template Sensor:

alarm_dot_com_sensor_home:
      friendly_name: "Alarm.com Home Sensor"
      value_template: >-
        {% if is_state('alarm_control_panel.home', 'armed_away') %}
          away
        {% elif is_state('alarm_control_panel.home', 'armed_home') %}
          stay
        {% else %}
          disarmed
        {% endif %}
      entity_picture_template: >-
        {% if is_state('alarm_control_panel.home', 'armed_away') %}
          /local/custom_icons/shield-home-away.png
        {% elif is_state('alarm_control_panel.home', 'armed_home') %}
          /local/custom_icons/shield-home-yellow-FDD835.png
        {% else %}
          /local/custom_icons/shield-home-blue-44739E.png
        {% endif %}

Icons:
Lovelace:

- entity: sensor.alarm_dot_com_sensor_home
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: script.turn_on
              service_data:
                entity_id: script.set_home_alarm_click_ui

Script:

set_home_alarm_click_ui:
  sequence:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home
    state: 'disarmed'
  - service: script.turn_on
    data_template:
      entity_id: >-
        {% if is_state('sensor.google_maps_amber_or_mark_ishome', 'home') %}
          script.set_home_alarm_stay
        {% else %}
          script.set_home_alarm_away
        {% endif %}
  - delay: 00:00:05
  - service: homeassistant.update_entity

set_home_alarm_stay:
  sequence:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home

set_home_alarm_away:
  sequence:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away

Realize some of this could be ‘built in’, but it’s pretty easy to customize. Would make a nice ‘official’ integration - but overall very happy with it currently!

Thats pretty cool but it doesnt fit my use case. I do have home and away automations setup, just looking for an easy way to arm/disarm from UI. I also really like the icons :wink: Unfortunately, they would be the only color in my setup :frowning:

Was hoping my solution / method of calling a script via tap_action in lovelace would work for you. For me, using this data_template logic results in a one-click set of my alarm - either to stay or away based on if either myself/wife are home - or if we’re both away.

Personally, I don’t allow HA to disarm the alarm for me, so I didn’t code in that option, but should be pretty easy to update the set_home_alarm_click_ui data_template to call a to-be-created disarm_home_alarm script.

Hey @Markus99 - did you ever resolve this issue? I get this same log message when running hass --script check_config from a GitHub action as part of an auto-upgrade process, but don’t seem to get this when running it on my server - and I can’t work out why.

I upgraded a few weeks back (currently running .108.6) and this integration is working just fine for me - no log errors or hiccups that I’ve noticed.

I haven’t upgraded to .109.x (seen some issues around Chromecast discovery, so wtg a bit on that).

Ah okay - thanks for the response!

Hello All,

My door lock codes are the same as my alarm/disarm codes. Through my Alarm provider, I used to be able to disarm the alarm with the same door lock code used to unlock the door. So basically, the alarm panel at alarm.com saw an actual user code disarm the alarm instead of a generic code. Would it be possible to integrate something like this?

Does anyone have a proper Repo to reference in HACS? All the links I see above seem to have the 404 error.
Today I just got a system for Insurance reasons and would like to link it in.

Just search for Alarmdotcomajax in Integrations.

Thanks Navet it works. Now on to Passing through my needed zones

Any idea why using this integration, that I can’t arm/disarm? I can see all the sensors.

Bob