Alarm.com Sensors

Hi There,

I currently use the Alarm.com alarm component to trigger events based on my alarm armed and disarmed states.
I have some other alarm components connected to the alarm but since I am using a monitored system I do not have a way to move them over to my zwave hub.

I do see on the pda page for alarm.com it has all the events for the sensors displayed. I would like to request that the alarm.com component be extended to have these sensor’s states visible in home assistant to allow for triggering based on these items.

The logs on the pda page do seem to give each sensor an id as well which would facilitate the ability to parse and identify them

He’re an example from my system

|Front Door (Sensor 1) Opened/Closed|9:48 AM|
|Motion Detector Basement (Sensor 6) Idle|7:59 AM|
|Motion Detector Basement (Sensor 6) Activated|7:57 AM|

I hope you consider this enhancement.

Joe

+1 I would love to have this feature as well.

And with that data, the ability to arm in Silent mode would be super helpful as well.

1 Like

+1. This would be excellent.

+1 I have the same system and this would be a huge help to avoid having to buy and install additional door/window sensors. Thanks for considering this addition!

Hi All,

I got it working.
For it to work properly the account that you use for Alarm.com has full access to view sensors.

Also use template sensors to read the strings

• platform: template
    sensors:
    back_door:
    device_class: door
    friendly_name: ‘Back Door’
    value_template: >-
    {{ state_attr(‘alarm_control_panel.alarmcom’, ‘sensor_status’) | regex_search(‘Back Door is Open’, ignorecase=TRUE) }}

foyer_motion:
    device_class: motion
    friendly_name: ‘Foyer motion’
    {{ state_attr(‘alarm_control_panel.alarmcom’, ‘sensor_status’) | regex_search(‘Motion Detector is Activated’, ignorecase=TRUE) }}

2 Likes

I can get template sensors to appear (platform is actually alarmdotcom…?) in logbook but it doesn’t like device_class and it doesn’t seem to react in logbook or history when the sensor is tripped. Any other config you’ve done? What exactly is it scraping the status from?

Unfortunately they seem to be quite delayed. If you do look at the info on the entities page you will see sensor status but it’s definitely not real time norusuable to trigger real-time

I wonder if the polling rate can be increased on the sensors state through the api calls.

Hello -

Checking in on this thread. I have alarm.com integrated with HA and i would like to trigger my motion sensors to turn on the lights in the room. Can I Joe’s code below (w/mods) to make this happen?

foyer_motion:
    {{ state_attr(‘alarm_control_panel.alarmcom’, ‘sensor_status’) | regex_search(‘Motion Detector is Activated’, ignorecase=TRUE) }}

How would I trigger this to turn on a light only at night?

Thanks

Hi John,

You can create an automation with the trigger being the binary sensor that you created. With a condition on the state of sun.sun with state below_horizon

Thanks Joe. I’m new to HA. A couple of questions.

1. What configuration file do I put your code?
  2. If you don’t mind, do you have any examples of a trigger you used with your code?

Having an example will help me modify it to my environment.

Thx!

Hi @JohnB for the configuration file I have my template sensor in configuration.yaml
ie
binary_sensor:
- platform: template
sensors:
foyer_motion:
{{ state_attr(‘alarm_control_panel.alarm_com’, ‘sensor_status’) | regex_search(‘Motion Detector is Activated’, ignorecase=TRUE) }}

automation in automations.yaml

- id: '1557395754393'
  alias: New Automation
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.foyer_motion
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: sun.sun
    state: below_horizon
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: light.foyer
    service: light.turn_on
  initial_state: 'on'

Hello-
I already have “binary_sensor:” and “sensors” sections in my configuration.yaml

binary_sensor:
  - platform: aarlo
    monitored_conditions:
    - motion
    - sound
    - ding

sensor:
  # Weather prediction
  - platform: yr
    monitored_conditions:
    - last_capture
    - total_cameras
    - battery_level
    - captured_today
    - signal_strength

When i try to add your code, I get duplicate “binary_sensor:” and “sensors” in the check config gui. How should I integrate your code below?

binary_sensor:
sensors:
foyer_motion:
{{ state_attr(‘alarm_control_panel.alarm_com’, ‘sensor_status’) | regex_search(‘Motion Detector is Activated’, ignorecase=TRUE) }}

Just add platform: template at the bottom of your current binary sensor block.

As suggested, fropped the code at the end of the sensors section

Getting the following error w/ check config:

Getting this error in the UI configuration:

I could use help resolving this.

Thanks.

Your indentation is off, yaml is very precise with indentation. Take a look at Template Sensor docs

Man - I’m lost. Tried all sorts if indentations with no luck. Here’s what I have so far.

binary_sensor:
    monitored_conditions:
    - motion
    - sound
    - ding

binary_sensor:
    sensors:
    Office_motion:
    friendly_name: ‘Office motion’
    value_template:{{ state_attr(‘alarm_control_panel.alarm_com’, ‘sensor_status’) | regex_search(‘Office Motion Detector is Activated’, ignorecase=TRUE )}}

Something like this

binary_sensor:
    monitored_conditions:
    - motion
    - sound
    - ding
    sensors:
      Office_motion:
       friendly_name: 'Office motion'
         {{ state_attr('alarm_control_panel.alarm_com', 'sensor_status') | regex_search('Office Motion Detector is Activated', ignorecase=TRUE )}}

Has anyone been able to successfully use silent arming with this component? Would be a really useful feature as I’m looking to automate a Silent Stay arm each night at a specified time.