Alarm component for DMP alarm system

I have it currently on 2001 and it’s working, but when I connect with virtual keypad it will become unresponsive because the panel is using port 2001 for easy connect (dmp panel vpn). After 10 minutes it will work again. How did you define the panel in the config?

Are you sure you have the remote key right? Either that or check to verify you have the communication path correct in the panel. Does your panel have a fail to communicate? If I reboot or mess with HA for too long my panel times out and alerts.

Does anyone have a fix for when you restart HA with an area armed, it comes back disarmed and won’t respond? I can fix it by going to developer, state, then changing the state to armed, then disarming it through the card. Is there a way to restore the last logged state?

Thanks to @baddienatalie for this integration! I have our xr550 panel talking to HASS.
I do have an issue with the state of the zone not changing once it is armed. Arming works and the physical panels indicate that. But the card in HASS never changes to show “Armed”. If I change the state to “Armed” in developer tools, and then issue the “Disarm” command, it does disarm the zone and then the state changes on the card in HASS to reflect that.
If anyone has any clues let me know.

So does this only work for DMP Panels that use a hardwired network, rather than wifi?

I’ve tried getting it working over wireless. I see data being received for check-in messages, and I see data sent for other various changes made on the panel, but sending any arms or disarms just ends in Connect call failed.
@slyticoon Did you ever get this error figured out? Seems to be similar to yours.

So have we had luck getting it to work with the integration port? Or are we still stuck needing to use the programming port?

I haven’t any luck. Moving to a solution where I program a dmp output module to activate when certain areas are armed. I can wire it to a microcontroller that posts an mqtt message with the state of each area. I can also use a zone to trigger arming, but there isn’t any way I know of to have a “disarm” zone. At least not with the XTL touch.

“there isn’t any way I know of to have a “disarm” zone. At least not with the XTL touch.”

I say that, but in the programming manual for the XTL Touch it says:

AR (Arming zone) - Allows you to connect a keyswitch to a zone and use it to arm and disarm the system

So theoretically, I could set up a zone attached to a relay, and have that zone handle arming via home assistant. It should be able to disarm as well.

I think I figured this out. I forked the repo by @baddienatalies and have been going to town on it the last few days. I just cut another release - but haven’t updated the docs yet to show that it uses a Configuration Flow instead of a configuration file.

I still don’t have it set up to remove/change entities after configuration, either. It’s a work in progress. I need to have someone who knows what they’re doing review my code before I start adding in trouble sensors, etc.

1 Like

@baddienatalie Do you have a list of all of the outbound commands by chance? I’m trying to figure out how the Virtual Keypad app is able to enumerate all of the zones and get their status. Right now I’m assuming all of the zones are in a good state when the integration starts which isn’t the best way to handle it.

What sort of commands? There’s a lot of documentation on the PC log/net monitoring protocol, but very little on the action/remote control side. Most of what I have has been reverse engineered out of System Link.

It’s the Action/Remote control commands I’m looking for.

Basically virtual keypad is able to get a list of all the zones and their current status. I found an area status command which is ?WB##Y001 but I haven’t found anything for Zone yet.

Hi @amattas, would you be able to add instructions to your hass-dmp addon with the correct configuration of the DMP panel to work with the integration? I assume it is similar to what was written up here hass-dmp-integration / dmp · GitLab? Thanks!

@bakerkj it implements a configuration flow instead of using configuration.yaml. Once you put it in the custom components folder, you add it to the UI. If you need help on what values belong in there let me know, and I’ll add that to the Readme.

1 Like

@bakerkj also, it probably goes without saying I use this on multiple properties so there are some enhancements I’m working on, as well as needing to add unit tests, etc, so it can eventually be incorporated into hass-core. So if you encounter any bugs/issues please file them in GitHub.

1 Like

I do have some questions about the various options in the configuration flow.

1. Listen port (defaults to 8001). Is the value in the XT-50 configuration under “COMMUNICATION/Receiver 2 Programming/First IP Port”?
  2. 8011 - What is this? Is it required?
  3. Account number - Is this the value in the XT-50 configuration under FAST “PROGRAMMING/ACCOUNT NO:”?
  4. Panel Key - Is this the 8 digit “Remote Key” option on the XT-50?

I’ll definitely file bugs if I find them.

Thanks @amattas!

Oof, I didn’t realize this is an XT-50, I’m not sure if this will work with XT series panels or not because it utilizes the PC LOG/Entre/Integration configurations that are on the XR series.

I looked at the XT manual and I don’t see those configuration options - it is possible it may work, but you would likely be replacing the ability to monitor it by a monitoring center.

On the XR panel you would replace 8011 with the port that is configured for “Entré” or “Integrator”, Integrator uses 8011 by default and Entré uses 7011 by default. 8001 is the port that Entré or Integrator is configured to talk to an outside service with (8001/7001 defaults).

Account number is that account number you referenced.

Panel Key on the XR series is setup in either the Entre or Integrator configuration, so it would be different than what you’re referencing.

Check out the XR manual here to see what it looks like and maybe that will help you map it to your XT: https://www.dmp.com/assets/LT-1232.pdf

@amattas ah. I didn’t realize this integration was likely specific to the XR series. But I’ll still give it a try. Thanks!

Yea, if there is a place to punch in the connection information it should work because all the panels use the same protocol for communication.

I know 3rd party integration was unique to the XR series when I bought my first one 6 years ago.

So I am a DMP installer, I also run HA,
I’m about to start this process and came across this.
What I will say that just by looking these posts I would agree with using an XR series panel preferably a 550. Remote link software is readily available. XR panels are available and I have test units of all. I’m just not a coder. I can write simple mqtt stuff a build my own aquarium controller from components and monitor it all through HA, even provide zone outputs to an alarm.
Well now I kinda want a real system in my home for monitored medical alerts with real response. Not a big deal for me as it is dirt cheap for me. But getting the integration to work seems like alot of work!
I will simplify it on my setup with a standard XT30.
Create zones for arming away, stay and disarmed and wire an esp8266 to it. This will also allow me to get inputs as well of course. So… inputs are as follows. Get some relays for your DMP and wire them to the same 8266. No integration required. You need states, get states, you need control you need zones.