Alarm component for DMP alarm system

So before this integration was working with the XR series, I had a relay wired to my Lutron HA system, which supports contact closures. It mostly worked for being notified of arm/disarm actions (I had a bad relay that caused all automations to fail). But if you want zone status the software integration is a far better option.

i.e. one of my integrations is to send a text message to the whole household if a door was left open for one minute, or if everyone leaves the house and windows are left open.

1 Like

I did this, last night.
I wired an esp8266 to an xt30.
First to note that 3.3v outs on dmp panel do not contain enough current.
I made this work on the bench in real time with a meter I was able to step down the 12v panel power to 3.3v to power the 8266.
The dmp panel outputs can wire directly to esp pin as they provide ground when activated and as long as your powering your esp from panel then it pulls to gnd and shows activated all the way through in ha.
So panel outputs are as follows.

1. System ready
  2. System armed
  3. System in alarm
  4. System in trouble
    That’s what I can get into ha with only 4 outputs on an xt30 that can be upgraded fyi.
    Now for the zones:
    Dmp zones have 3 states.
    Shorted, open and normal.
    That being said we need to know what’s going on with DMP so I tested an open zone nothing wired to it and it was 5v, then I shorted it and of course the dmp gnd terminal brought that zone down to ground and it showed shorted in dmp system and my meter. Then I wired a simple 1k resistor that comes with the panel from gnd to zone and of course it showed normal like the door is closed but the important part is that with a resistor according to my meter it brought it down to 1.9v.
    Now we know how dmp zones work!
    Pull up your output in code, use logic level converter to get from 3.3 to 5 use 1k resistor and wire to zone. Only 1 wire from esp to zone number.
    When output activated on esp it pulls to 1.9 and zone goes normal because gnd is gnd and if it’s come ING from the same source you will get the same result.
    Note without logic level stepdown/step up you will fry your esp instantly.
    I’m now ordering an esp32 to get more outputs to wire all 9 zones available on the dmp panel, along with the 4 inputs from the dmp panel. DONT WIRE ZONE 10! It’s a 12v zone :wink:
1 Like

I’m willing to help with this, I don’t post much but it seems you guys are missing some basic ways. I get it could be better but thus was easy and effective.
For an additional control add an actual relay to a tenth output and fire a relay for zone 10 and add zone 10 as an arming zone. It makes it a keyswitch like arm and disarm via state of relay, must wire properly with actual relay and use resistor failure to do so will smoke your esp device.

1 Like

Keep in mind this panel was only added for real time police response and panic buttons for my ladies at home.
The DMP panel simply is a glorified dialer to the monitoring company.
I handle what entities report to what zones based on rules.
Best dialer I’ve ever installed, even though it report via IP lol :laughing: “added cell card after it all worked”
Just ask!

It works perfectly.

Here’s the working code for esphome with ha default image on pi4.

esphome:
name: dmp-alarm
esp32:
board: esp32dev
framework:
type: arduino

Enable logging

logger:

Enable Home Assistant API

api:
ota:
password: “2387010564709b82c061900f10b71fad”
wifi:
ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
password: !secret wifi_password

Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails

ap:
ssid: “Dmp-Alarm Fallback Hotspot”
password: “Password888”
captive_portal:
########## OUTPUT’S
output:

• platform: gpio
    pin: 23
    id: ‘zone_1’
    inverted: true
    pin: 22
    id: ‘zone_2’
    pin: 21
    id: ‘zone_3’
    pin: 19
    id: ‘zone_4’
    pin: 18
    id: ‘zone_5’
    pin: 17
    id: ‘zone_6’
    pin: 16
    id: ‘zone_7’
    pin: 14
    id: ‘zone_8’
    pin: 13
    id: ‘zone_9’
    pin: 32
    id: ‘arming_zone’

switch:

• platform: output
    name: “Zone 1”
    output: ‘zone_1’
    name: “Zone 2”
    output: ‘zone_2’
    name: “Zone 3”
    output: ‘zone_3’
    name: “Zone 4”
    output: ‘zone_4’
    name: “Zone 5”
    output: ‘zone_5’
    name: “Zone 6”
    output: ‘zone_6’
    name: “Zone 7”
    output: ‘zone_7’
    name: “Zone 8”
    output: ‘zone_8’
    name: “Zone 9”
    output: ‘zone_9’
    name: “Arming Zone”
    output: ‘arming_zone’

########## INPUT’S
binary_sensor:

pin:
    number: 33
    mode:
    input: true
    pullup: true
    name: System Ready
    pin:
    number: 25
    mode:
    name: System Armed
    pin:
    number: 26
    mode:
    name: System In Alarm
    pin:
    number: 27
    mode:
    name: System Trouble

Do note that system trouble on ext30 seems to be for fire only.

I have an DMP XT30 along with HA. Can I get more detail on this? List parts list, pics of how you wired the XT30 to the 8266, etc. Mine XT30 is connected via network, but so far no luck being able to access it via the ethernet.

thanks!

1 Like

I can but it may take a couple days.

2 Likes

Thanks! No, rush been working on integrating my DMP XT30 into my smarthome for a while now, I can wait a few days. :laughing:

1 Like

Hi
I just used a DMP 680-4 board and connected to a Particle Photon. The Photon is interface to HA via MQTT for alarm status / arm-disarming and directly connects to a 24/7 monitoring service if there is an alarm. You could easily use an ESP32 instead an achieve the same thing.

Just based off the image posted, here is what I’ve gotten so far.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi @amattas
I am trying to set up your version of this DMP integration. Running into a snag though. I try to add the integration via the UI and get this error.

Any idea as to what I’m doing wrong?

What version are you running on?

Interesting - might have been a breaking change, I’ll need to go through the recent updates and see what’s going on.

It’ll probably be this weekend.

Alright. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I’m on vacation next week, but look forward to seeing what you find out.
It’ll be interesting to see what works with this version of the integration. Our system is very large and complex and the original was very limited. I could basically only arm zones and the ui never updated to show that a zone was armed. If I changed a state of a zone under developer tools, I could then disarm that zone.

So this currently is setup for Home/Away arming and not Zone arming (mainly because Home Assistant only does Home/Away), but @baddienatalie had some ideas that might improve this.

I’ll let you know once I figure out what’s going on.

Following as I have same interest.

Questions for damien.clark.phx,

1. Do you have to do any configuration to the XT30/50 for the 4 outputs to show System Ready, System Armed, System in Alarm, System in trouble? If yes, what are the steps to configure?
  2. What about using the DMP 860-4 Replay panel to isolate the outputs from the XT30/50?

Sorry for the delay, I’m having a hard time reproing this, do you have any additional logs you can share?

I’ll see what I can do to document this soon. It’s possible that I just need to completely remove any DMP config and start fresh with your integration. I realized I might have left some code in the configuration.yaml

I use the 860. It only handles 4 triggers. It handles arm/disarm, and outputs alarms and ready functions. It interfaces to Ha via a Particle board which provides Ethernet, cellular and 24/7 monitoring by Noonlight.

5310h