Alarm component for DMP alarm system

Hey, sorry for taking so long. I removed anything having to do with DMP and reloaded a fresh install of the custom component. The setup from the UI then worked fine. I was able to get it to a point where I can arm/disarm a zone and have HA respond with panel arming/disarming. As you already noted before, it does not work great with our system as we do use zone arming.

I have not been able yet to get a door or motion sensor to work in HA. Not sure if I do not have something setup correctly on the panel / Remote Link or within the HA component.

It’s likely on the panel, the zones have to be configured to report live status. I think I mentioned that in the readme file, but the manual will have the programming information for it.

Got it! In remote link I can enable real-time status for each zone. That is working now for the door and motion zone I have tested it on. This just opened up a world of alerting and automation for our property by tying HA into our existing DMP alarm! Thank you so much for your help so far.

Now for a couple other issues. I have dozens of zones that I could tap into for doors and motion now. So far I have only been able to add zones during the initial setup of the custom component. If I click the configure button on the XR550 device/hub I’ve already added, I get this error.

I’ll go through the trouble of adding all my zones one by one during initial setup if I have to, but this does not make it easy to fix typos or other errors. Is there a way to edit the list of zones in a config file if the UI won’t work?

The door sensor shows as the device class of “door”, but the motion does not have the device class of “motion”. Is there any way I can change that?

You should be able to edit them afterwards, did you get any errors in the log?

This is in the log, but I don’t know enough to make sense of it.

Can you open an issue on GitHub for it, I think I know what the problem is - I fixed this in the original form when there was a breaking change, and think I forgot to fix it in the edit form. It might take me a couple days to fix it.

Done.
Thank you.

You have any luck with the hardware and wiring into a DMP XT30.

1 Like

I’m totally lost: Has the DMP integration been removed?

System level:

No, it’s a custom component.

Also - my class just finished up, and I’m taking some vacation next week, so hopefully
I’ll get this bug resolved.

1 Like

Ok… I got it :grinning:

I realize I was “lost” because this isn’t what I need for my XT30 panel.
The panel only has a cellular connections (no IP address)

my bad…