Alarm Panel Card not displaying keypad with Envisalink ELV4

When I configure the Alarm Panel Card, I’m not able to show a keypad to allow me to manually input a specific alarm code.

The documentation shows a keypad in the default configuration. But when I try I am only able to see the Alarm Status and the buttons for “arm_home”, “arm_away” and “arm_night”. Which I’ve programmed to match the functions in my Envisilink-DSC system. However, I would really like to have a keypad for being able to disarm from a dashboard.

I found one email that someone had found a bug in this code. But this was several years ago and I would have assumed that this would have been addressed.

Thanks for any help on this issue.

The keypad only appears to disarm the alarm, unless you set

code_arm_required: true

(You must have this set to false as the default is true.)

Then you have to use the keypad to arm and disarm the alarm so it will always be visible.

Thanks,

I looked into the code_arm_required: true variable. I am using an EyesOn Envisalink Integration interface (EVL4) device to interface to my DSC Alarm system.

It doesn’t look the same as where I found the reference to this variable. On the AlarmDecoder Integration page.

I’ve tried to find a similar way to accomplish this on the Envisalink Integration and not found a way that works. The Alarm Panel Card seems to only allow me to choose the following states: arm_home, arm_away, arm_night and arm_custom_bypass. I thought that the arm_custom_bypass would give me a way to input button presses.

At the moment when my alarm is armed I get a single button that says disarm. But this isn’t a very secure way to put on a dashboard that is open to everyone including a possible intruder.

I hadn’t realized that there was a different way to interface with the DSC alarm with a different hardware interface. I might need to look at this option if I can’t get a keypad to display a different way.

Thanks

Sorry, I thought you were using the manual alarm integration. Can you show your config for the integration?

Specifically this bit:

code string (optional)

Your alarm panel’s code, for authenticating user input during arm/disarm. If you do not provide this value, the integration will prompt the user to enter the code at runtime.

If you have a code specified, try removing it.

Remove the arm code from your config, and enable quick arm on the panel
Then use the quickarm keypress to arm the system

Commenting out the…

code:

line from the alarm gives me the keypad.

Now I can enter bypass commands when a windows is open along with having different disarm codes for various users.

Thank you,