Alarm - Piper NV Integration

Has anyone been able to integrate anything from Piper NV Home Alarm System? Home Assistant has been the silver bullet to a single interface for my family to manage my crazy automatons with the exception of our home alarm system, Piper. I’m not a program by any means but I would love to help with any testing/development. Below are a few things i’m thinking:

Minimum: Be able to change security modes (e.g. Away, Home Stay, Disarm)

Dream: View built-in Camera, connected z-wave sensors, built-in sensors for temperature/humidity, etc.

Anybody? I’ll pay them :slight_smile:

+1
as a starting point try disassemble android apk

Not sure what that means, I’m in no way shape or form a developer. As far as I have gotten is using the IFTTT Maker Channel which makes the API calls for the various security modes. This is unidirectional so if you change the security mode using Piper, Hass will not know about it.

i would love to add my piper nv to my ha… did you find a way to do it? other than ifttt that is!

Nope, just IFTTT. I use the webmaker channel a lot with it but you’re forced to change states of Piper using only Hass or else it will not be synced! It’s working goofy right now and the family is asking a lot of questions lol

BTW Please vote :slight_smile:

We might need to wait for this to change:

I noticed Piper works now with Go Control Sensors.

Any one been able to get this configured with HA as of yet or started working on it?

It works with the basic ones not Garage openers etc.

@ttaidapos does that include the gocontrol panels, motion detectors and door sensors when you say basic ones?

Motion/Door and i think they’re adding more…

I could never get this linked plugin to work on homebridge but I never exposed it to a public URL, still I think we can make this work with little effort, however I am not a programmer so can’t say fs. I think this is basically what ttaidapos has done but once again I’m a beginner.

Definitely go the IFTTT route, a little limited but basic functionality will be there.

1 Like

I also would like some tighter integration of the PiperNV, but am reliant on IFTTT for now. Thought I would share a package that I put together that allows the motion and sound sensors to exist in HA. They only work when the Piper is armed, but this does expose them to be used in other automations if necessary.

You’ll have to create a recipe in IFTTT:
If “Activity Detected in a security mode”:

• Armed Away or Armed Stay
  • Any Sensor

then “Make a web request”:

• URL = < your IFTTT webhook url >
  • method = POST
  • content-type = application/json
  • body = { "event": "piper_sensor", "created": "{{CreatedAt}}", "sensor_name": " {{SensorName}}", "security_mode": "{{SecurityMode}}"}

Piper no longer works with ifttt, can you help us with geo fencing? Can it be done with ifttt webhooks? I just want my piper to arm and disarm via presence detection using my phone. It may be possible using ifttt and the Life360 integration in the piper app. I’m play around with that and see if it works.

actually i’d be interested in something like that if you’re able to make it work. i gave up on arming/disarming the piper after they dropped ifttt support. honestly it’s probably a dead unsupported product at this point. would be nice if they would open source the firmware.

If it can’t be done with Life360 and webhooks than I will most likely not be able to get it working and so far all I can do is activate a wink short cut. The problem appears to be that I will only be able to access the piper’s state rather than be able to change the piper’s state. We should start a thread about open sourcing the api somewhere at piper or email them a request if there is isn’t a blog anymore.

I just noticed a Life360 HA integration has been released in the 0.95 update yo! I’ll check it out, fingers crossed, but I’m guessing no notification based control of Piper will be possible unless Piper can be added via Node Red. I’d say it’s back to square 1 without some type Piper state control in HA if so.

following this … would be very cool if one will be able to at least arm and disarm piper through HA.