Alarm system - getting the notification

Hi

I’m new to HA, currently transitioning from HomeGenie.
I got my Zwave network working quite easily (a few lights and a couple of sensors). I am now trying to get the basic alarm system working - but I am unsure about my configuration… Actually I don’t know if the alarm doesn’t get triggered at all, or if I’m just not getting the notification (I also have a zwave siren but I’ll see about that later, one thing at a time!).

Here is what I’m using:

alarm_control_panel:
  - platform: manual
    name: Home Alarm
    code: 1234
    pending_time: 30
    delay_time: 20
    trigger_time: 4
    disarmed:
      trigger_time: 0
    armed_home:
      pending_time: 0
      delay_time: 0

automation:
  - alias: 'Trigger alarm while armed away'
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgdw002_door_opening_sensor_2_access_control
        to: '22'
    condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm
        state: armed_away
    action:
      service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger

- alias: 'Send notification when alarm triggered'
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        to: 'triggered'
    action:
      - service: notify.notify
        data:

This sensor has two states, 23 is closed and 22 is opened so I figured I could use that, I do see that value changing on my screen when I open or close the door. However nothing happens if I open the door after arming the alarm.

I believe I must be close, but what am I missing?

Thanks.

Hi,
I think your condition is using the wrong entity name which causes the automation to never get triggered.
It should be “alarm_control_panel.home_alarm” instead of “alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm” .

You have specified a name other then default setting in the component setup. (default setting name would be “alarm_control_panel.ha_alarm”)

You can verify it’s correct name by going into “Developer Tools” -> “States”

Hi hiscorebob

It was like that in the official example… But I’ll try your idea when I get home later.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

I strongly suggest looking at using this alarm system. Its nothing short of awesome :grin:

1 Like

I came across it earlier… But I am really new to this and I wanted to start with something simple :wink:
I can always disable the basic one later in order to try this one no problem :slight_smile: