Alarm system integrated with home assistant ... Any recommendations?

Hello, I am planning to replace my alarm system “Myfox HC2” (no parts available anymore and no support) by something else (I would like to avoid Somfy for the reason explained before but also it seems that they are not really open to the world as far as I understand) …

What I would like for the new system :

• integrated to home assistant: able to change the level of security via HA
  • system manageable remotely via android phone as well
  • able to send directly SMS/Emails when there is an alarm or a change in security level
  • three levels of security: disarmed, partial (some equipments are activated) and armed
  • type of sensors: door/window opening detector (around 8 units), smoke detector (3 units), motion detector (around 4 units)
  • with a good ratio price vs quality
  • with a long term part support policy or open enough to mix equipments from different brands.

I was looking to some Honeywell Alarm System HS922GPRS for example (as I already have an Evohome Thermostat System) but the alarm side is not integrated in HA as far as I understand.
Maybe it is easy to integrate/interface via an Honeywell API as I only have to manage the three levels of security (that’s what I did for my current alarm system “MyFox”).

Any recommendations ?

Thanks !

Many here, myself included, are using systems supplied by alarm.com (generally through local providers) which integrate well with HA and would appear to fit your requirements. Whereas this used to be a component of HA Core, the integration has recently been removed due to the need for web scraping. However, there is an excellent custom component (also available through HACS) that relies on the Web API and that improves upon the previous native integration:

Alternatively, Elk has long provided systems that have integrated well with automation systems:

Edit: I am not aware of a Somfy alarm system, but my Somfy curtain/shade controlles integrate very nicely with HA.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that I am living in Belgium and it is very difficult to find the products you are mentioning… except maybe some products from alarm.com … I will investigate that one.
Regarding Somfy, I am also using curtains/shade/shutters from them and it is working fine (it is a recognized technology) but on the alarm side of that company, it seems that they move from product to product and they are not willing to maintain the previous generations… They acquired MyFox company a couple of years ago, they used their technology to develop other security products and they dropped the previous brand and their customers… Avidsen is doing the same, I bought a door opener from them and two years later, there was no spare parts available… Disappointing. Thank you for the recommendations… I will follow up with alarm.com.

Looking for a similar setup. Did you find something that satisfies your needs? I’m also Belgian.

Well not exactly 100%… I moved to a gigaset alarm system (Siemens), providing some intrusion detection features like myfox (based on vibrations, firing the alarm before intrusion), fire detection, etc… (but no possibility to send SMS) but not sure it is as safe as myfox and no way to manage Somfy shutters with it (but home assistant and RfxTrx are there !)… but sofar so good, I am satisfied… cheaper than myfox if you want to extend protection (look at buying it in Germany… Look at a well known website with a smile… It is sometimes 30% cheaper than the same site from France… :slight_smile: )… If you need more info, let me know.

Hi, i have a Siemens alarm system at home, was thinking if it can be integrated with HA, anyway mine needed a GSM card to be added in order to send an SMS and was done by a local security service company, could not get my hands on the documentation.

@arapaimas Gigaset alarm (Siemens) can be integrated with HA… You have to use an Add-on… Works fine for me.