Alarm System with no Existing Panel

I’m in a new house with a mix of wired sensors reed switch type) on doors and windows, along with a few wireless door sensors plus wired and wireless motion detectors.

All wires are run to the IT closet for the sensors, but we haven’t installed a system, meaning there is no existing panel.

I doubt this is important but my HA computer (ThinkCenter) and switch/router is also in the IT closet.

I’m considering pulling the trigger on konnected.io but wanted to get thoughts (reassurance?) on my decision.

I’m okay with some DIY and tinkering for setup but I don’t want it to take months to get up and running. I don’t need 3rd party monitoring.

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

Another much cheaper option is to bring all your binary sensors into Home Assistant with ESPHome and an ESP32 Ethernet board (e.g. QuinLED-ESP32 – ALLNET China ). An Ethernet connected device will be more reliable than wireless. If you need more than 20 or so inputs, ESPhome supports many i/o expander boards.

No matter how you get the sensors into home assistant I highly recommend Alarmo as your alarm control panel in Home Assistant. It makes adding sensors to the alarm and automating alarm actions a lot easier than the core manual alarm control panel.

I’ve read about this in the past but had forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me!

Question, how are the wired door and window sensors connected/paired/integrated with Home Assistant?

If you are serious about it being a proper alarm (ie. one that is recognized by authorities, insurance, etc.) then get a “real” system such as Honeywell Vista, DCP, etc. Then use their connectivity solution to integrate with Home Assistant. This may in fact be legally required in your jurisdiction if you wish to use life saving sensors such as smoke and CO detectors.

Konnected is kind of a toy. It doesn’t even include isolation between the inputs and the processor.

Terminate all the wired sensors to a basic patch panel. From the patch panel route them to a ESP32 and define the wired sensors to the respective pins on the ESP32 through ESPHome in HA. Then use Alarmo to control all sensors.

I have attached a pic of my system. Built it a year ago using all the information in the posts here. Looks a bit complicated but it’s pretty straight forward. Don’t go with konnected … it’s basically an ESP32 and nothing more.