Alarmo (Alarm Control Panel) not working properly with google home/ assistant (When arming replies that it can't but within HA, it still arms in the mode requested)

Hello all,

Has anyone else had this issue and could possibly help me figure out what is wrong.

Within Alarmo, I have setup the alarm to not require a code for arming. It does require a code for disarming. And I have setup my “secure_devices_pin” in my google assistant yaml.

Essentially what is happening is when I ask google: “please arm the security system to armed away”, it replies “sorry, something went wrong with security system”. But then when I look inside of home assistant, it is in the process of arming and arms to the correct mode.

Disarming works properly. It asks for code and everything works as usual.

Can Alarmo not be used if we want to use within google assistant?

Does anyone have any ideas of how to correct this?

EDIT: So I just found the below on github. Does anyone know of any work with regards to this one. It seems this is an issue in English language also. Just out of curiosity, is anyone’s alarm control panel working properly for arming to a certain state, i.e. armed away etc.?

EDIT2: Workaround- looks like using scripts would work to get around this bug. Create a google routine and call arming from a script within the routine.

1 Like

Can you explain this a bit? Not sure what you mean.

I am having the same issue. I just integrated Google Assistant yesterday and though I can give it commands, every time I do so for Alarmo it responds with “Sorry, something went wrong with Alarmo.”

When giving the command to a Google nest display, it shows the options…

• armed home
  • armed away
  • triggered
  • Off

Yet I cannot select any of those options without the same error message occurring on that device as well.

To confirm, all my other devices I’ve connected via home assistant and Google integration work fine.

Update. Discovered that a pin was required in order for the system to work. Initially I didn’t have a pin, but that prevented the Google integration from properly communicating. Once a pin was set up, it worked fine.

I already have a pin for disarming. Are you saying it needs a pin to arm as well to fix the issue??

I’m having the exact same issue.
For arming (with OR without PIN) it says “Sorry, something went wrong controlling the alarm”, but checking HomeAssistant the Alarm was armed and all works fine. For Disarming with PIN, also works fine and no error are returned.

So, only for arming Google Assistant answer saying that is an issue but under the hood everything worked.