Alarmo does not work anymore after update to Home Assistant Core 2023.8.3

Hi,

When I try to update from Home Assistant Core 2023.6.3 to 2023.8.3, Alarmo will not initialase on restart. I tried to remove Alarmo and re-install, but that is not possible anymore.

After restoring a copy of the HA VM, I could reproduce the issue. When restoring HA from backup with HA back to Home Assistant Core 2023.6.3, Alarmo works again. I checked the breaking changes, but Alarmo is not mentioned anywhere there.

Anyone a clue how I can get that solved? Or where I should report this (I guess that this is not the right place for bug reports)?

KR,

Sitor

Ensure Alarmo is up to date before you upgrade - I’ve had zero issues.

Thanks Neil. I didn’t know yet that the HACS updates don’t show up with the HA own updates. Did have to do multiple tries to get it working though. It seems that the order in which you do the updates / upgrades of the HACS integrations, HA OS and HA Core are important to make it work. Struggled a bit with that, but thanks to your tip I got it done.

1 Like

I think (but I am not 100%) that if you enable advanced mode in HA it will show HACS updates, or maybe it’s a setting in HACS (second screenshot)