ALERT component - pushover priority notifications?

Has anyone found a way to make alerts using pushover notifciations and setting priorities for them? I have regular alerts working with pushover as the notification service, but I want to be able to set priorities so that they scream sounds at me regardless of my phone being on vibrate or not. I’m able to do automations this way, but I want to set alerts using priority “1”.

Did you ever figure this out

Hi, just found this topic because I have the same problem. Manually sending a pushover notification with priority works. E.g. from dev tools:

service: notify.pushover
data:
  data:
    priority: 1

However, integrating them into a notifier group as described in the documentation fails. Configuration:

notify:
  - name: pushover
    platform: pushover
    api_key: !secret pushover_api_key
    user_key: !secret pushover_user_key
  - name: critical_pushover_notification
    platform: group
    services:
      - service: pushover
        data:

call it via dev tools:

service: notify.critical_pushover_notification
data:
  message: Test with notifier group that has priority data set

yields the following error in the Core log:

2022-01-29 18:43:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1449, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 432, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: extra keys not allowed @ data['priority']

Why? This looks like a bug to me. A similar twilio notifier group works with the extra data key for target:

- name: critical_notifications # For critical alerts such as water leaks
    platform: group
    services:
      - service: twilio_call_notifier
        data:
          target: !secret mobile_number

Environment: Core 2021.12.10

Ok, I found the solution: The target key is a known schema component living directly under data. Whereas priority has to be nested into another data element like this:

- service: pushover
        data:
          data:

Hope this helps others.

I don’t know if this changed recently but the way you accomplish this now is to integrate the message priority into the alert parameters:

repeat: 10
    skip_first: true
    data: 
    notifiers:
      - Pushover

I am having this same issue. I want two notifications. One for mundane stuff and one for an emergency. I can select both from an Automation and I can run the action and they will work with the exception that the priority and sound is ignored. Here is my YAML config

notify:
  - platform: pushover
    name: Pushover_Emergency
    api_key: API Key
    user_key: USER kEY
      data:
        priority: 2
        sound: siren
  - platform: pushover
    name: pushover
    api_key: api kEY
    user_key: User Key

Been fussing with this for a couple of days now. Config check from the GUI shows no errors.

Setting the data fields not on a global level, but on a case-by-case (per Automation) decision works fine…

With priority 2, you just have to make sure you also set an expire time, otherwise the integration/API will throw an error…

In my case, I configured this in the Pushover action:

priority: 2
expire: 1800
retry: 120

No other changes were necessary.