ALERT: node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 is likely a dead project! Use this fork instead: node-red-contrib-cakebaked!

Spreading the word back to the community after finding out myself through a series of bugs I have encountered finally landing me on this issue in GitHub: “failed to load routines: “no body”” #191. If you review the thread of comments you will see the original developer of node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 has been inactive for over half a year and issues have been piling up. A user named @cakebake has seemingly taken over maintenance of the project and I can confirm their fork of the project works.

If you review my comment on this issue you can get up and running again with what I believe may turn out being the permanent resolution to blocking issues piling up due to inactivity. I would be happy to have this thread die and the original developer step in and take back ownership. However, at the time of this writing this fork now has merged a few bug fixes already critical to continued success.

Best of luck!

2 Likes