Alerts and trouble shooting

Hi,
I keep getting the following error in my logs;
Invalid config for ‘alert’ at alerts.yaml, line 1: required key ‘entity_id’ not provided, please check the docs at Alert - Home Assistant Invalid config for ‘alert’ at alerts.yaml, line 1: required key ‘name’ not provided, please check the docs at Alert - Home Assistant Invalid config for ‘alert’ at alerts.yaml, line 1: required key ‘repeat’ not provided, please check the docs at Alert - Home Assistant Invalid config for ‘alert’ at alerts.yaml, line 2: ‘freezer_alert’ is an invalid option for ‘alert’, check: alert->alert->freezer_alert, please check the docs at Alert - Home Assistant

The alerts.yaml is below;
alert: # Added main alert section
freezer:
name: “freezeralerts” # Fixed missing name key and indentation
entity_id: binary_sensor.freezer_alert # Indented
state: “on” # Fixed indentation (one level less)
notify: # Fixed indentation (one level less)
- mobile_app_pixel_7_pro_lindsay # Indented with one more level

Now the sensor in question is formated correctly;

I’m out of ideas and cannot see my error.

Can anyone please help?

Lindsay

Not without seeing your correctly formatted config. https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-help-us-help-you-or-how-to-ask-a-good-question/114371#oneone-format-it-properly-16

Also how are you including alerts.yaml in configuration.yaml?

Sorry about that, please find below (I hope a correctly formated) example of my alert.yalm, this is referenced in my configuartion.yaml file. The error I am seeing in my logs refers to line one of this file (Invalid config for ‘alert’ at alerts.yaml, line 1: required key ‘entity_id’ not provided). The purpose of this is to use alerts to notify me when our freezer door is being left open and the temperture gets up.

alert: 
  freezer:
    name: "freezeralerts" 
    entity_id: binary_sensor.freezer_alert 
    state: "on" 
    notify: 
      - mobile_app_pixel_7_pro_lindsay 

Hi folks,
This is now resolved. Going through it line by line, restarting the system every time but it’s resolved and I’ve a working example that can form a template for the rest/if any alerts I need.

freezer:
  name: "freezeralerts"
  entity_id: binary_sensor.freezer_alert
  state: "on"
  repeat: 30
  can_acknowledge: false
  skip_first: False
  notifiers:
    - mobile_app_pixel_7_pro_lindsay