Alerts trigger after reboot

I’m trying to setup the alerts component. It works as expected, however, when I reboot (hass.io) I get a bunch of alerts because the values haven’t been received yet. For example; xiaomi mi flora sensors giving all flowers an ‘unknown humidity’ alert, and mqtt sensors giving ‘temperature dropped to -3.0 degrees’ alerts.

I tried setting default values but I don’t think that’s easily done. I suppose I could enable mqtt retain but that’s only part of the sensors platform. Is there perhaps a way to disable alerts for the first few minutes after reboot, to allow sensor data aggregation?

I have a similar issue. Let’s ask together…

Whenever I boot my NUC up, the water tank percentage drops to 0% for a couple of seconds and then becomes the first value from the actual sensor. This causes the water pipe to open on every boot and it isn’t really necessary.

Is there a way to leave them “undefined” or something similar, so it doesn’t trigger automations and stuff?

Thanks

Don’t think we’re getting responses :wink:

I went back to automations. I guess you could use an input boolean, and use it as a condition to start the automation (as in, don’t do the automation when it’s false). Then set another automation to set the bool to true, 1 min after a reboot. Not very elegant, but it’ll work.