Alexa, any limitations by country?

Hi!
New to Alexa. Does it work everywhere or does it has geographic limitations. I live in Cyprus

its not everywhere available, and in some countries its onlu available in foreign language (fro example it is available in hollend, but only in english)
i guess you need to google to find out if it is available in Cyprus and in what language…

I tried the Google version first but all info is 2016-2017, and in this fast changing world that does not help much. But I will find an answer. Don’t want to waste time and money on something that in the end will not work. The Google Home work but ofc cost money, its

Well like always you should always go to the source for an answer
Amazon states
Cyprus
Supported Language: English (UK)
Purchase from: Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

But this gives the next question. Does this info also mean that the HA cloud work from Cyprus?

Not aware Amazon are giving away Echos.

The skill to go with it is only available in a few countries but you can DIY a skill with Haaska which will give you the same functions and access wherever.

According to Amazon homepage it is now available in most countries.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202207000

You can change the alexa location in the settings. I have put my home address to some random park in new york city even thoug I live in Europe. This way I enabled e.g. spotify. Also the home assistant cloud requires you to use specific language. I think those are listed somewhere in the skills description.

But I would suggest you to do same on Cyprus. Register normally with your own address and then if e.g. the spotify is not working simply search address for some random location in USA.

Only problem with doing that is you can get locked out of genuinely local skills.

Ah okay. I have only enabled the HA cloud for alexa and everything goes through HA.

Here in Finland Alexa cannot anyway do any fancy local stuff.

I know but as I understand it there is a monthly fee on top that Alexa dont have or…