Alexa as Media Player not working after update to 0.88.0

Hello.

I recently got my Echo Devices working as Media players in home-assistant running in a docker container. I followed this project guide: Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

Everything was working great until I updated home-assistant to 0.88.0. Now I am getting error messages such as:

Platform not found: media_player.alexa
Unable to find platform alexa

I tried to remove the custom alexa component and start again but my efforts have proven futile. It may be worth noting that after updating to 0.88.0 I lost my Wink Hub integration and Wemo Switches were not able to be found anymore until I set them to static IPs. I assume I didn’t update correctly which is what caused me so many issues since I haven’t experienced any issues such as this until I performed the update.

did you follow the instructions for versions post 1.0.0 or pre 1.0.0?

I’ve updated per the post 1.0.0 instructions and my error has gone away, but HA is still not finding my Alexa entities.

Have you completed all of the captcha registration steps, as well?

Is there a way to force the captcha? It is not asking for it. It randomly appeared at one point and fixed the issue, but now the media players are gone again, and no captcha.