Alexa_media.clear_history stopped working

I have an automation that nightly calls alexa_media.clear_history. For some reason about September 1st it stopped working and I get “Error: Action alexa_media.clear_history not found”. Since this error started I have installed the most recent update to Alexa media player which fixed other problems but not this. From the log file:

Source: helpers/script.py:2026
integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:21:18 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:34:55 PM

Clear Alexa History @ 11:50 PM: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Action alexa_media.clear_history not found

Does Amazon no longer permit the clearing of history or has something else changed? In other words, is there a way to get this working again?

Thanks for your help.

LOTS have been changing. Amazon is consistently changing things on thier end… And the AMP integration is currently barely being maintained. A couple people have been bandaid-it together though and I think it’s recently better. But Amazon is a moving target and starting ina month or so Amazon is going to start pushing thier AI driven Alexa and I expect the traditional Alexa to get drastically worse very fast.

Expect more of this kind of thing.

Happy reading

Oh so sad. I do appreciate all of the work that has been done on Alexa Media Player and sure hope some other great people will be able to pick up the baton. I will post my problem on Alexa Media Player. Thanks.

1 Like

I posted on GitHub and this is the response that I received:

Amazon no longer supports that call and you have to use their app to clear history.
Delete Some or All of Your Voice History in the Alexa App - Amazon Customer Service

:frowning: