Alexa Media Player does not play playlists anymore

Hi Guys,

I don’t now exactly since when but the alexa_media_player extension does not play playlists anymore. My NodeRED Automation is:

[{"id":"ea623ca9.0bcc1","type":"inject","z":"f5f7d5f9.7cf418","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":1240,"y":600,"wires":[["6027e7de.beaa28"]]},{"id":"6027e7de.beaa28","type":"api-call-service","z":"f5f7d5f9.7cf418","name":"volume 0.3","server":"c3ece764.c80608","version":3,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"media_player","service":"volume_set","entityId":"media_player.echo_kinderzimmer","data":"{\"volume_level\":0.3}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":1410,"y":600,"wires":[["23ba1404.04f70c"]]},{"id":"23ba1404.04f70c","type":"api-call-service","z":"f5f7d5f9.7cf418","name":"Hitrotation Zufall","server":"c3ece764.c80608","version":3,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"media_player","service":"play_media","entityId":"media_player.echo_kinderzimmer","data":"{\"media_content_id\":\"Hitrotation Zufallswiedergabe\",\"media_content_type\":\"SPOTIFY\"}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"data"}],"queue":"none","x":1720,"y":600,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"c3ece764.c80608","type":"server","name":"ha_mulatz","version":1,"legacy":false,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true}]

This is not working anymore. Alexa always tells me that the Playlist could not be found.
When I simply try to play songs from an artist or a specific song - it’s working as expected. Mabe you have any hint for me?

Cheers & Thx upfront

Am I really the only one which is using this function? :slight_smile:

I found the problem on my own - the playlist I used before has been renamed :slight_smile:
So the simple fix was to use the new correct playlist name!

Cheers

@florianmulatz Can you share me the service command/configuration you use to play a amazon music playlist using Alexa Media Player? :musical_note:

Hi @skepticAut0netic

Unfortunately I can not directly - I’m using spotify - and I’m not using the alexa_media integratio. But anyhow maybe the service call I’m using is helpful for you as well. I don’t know since when - but fortunately you can use just “phrases” you would say to alexa as “media_content_id” (Run Custom Command (alexa_media_player - WIKI))- I had problems in the past as well with configuring playlists as “direct” content_id.

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_type: custom
  media_content_id: Spiele Release Radar auf Spotify per Zufallswiedergabe
target:
  entity_id: media_player.echo_kinderzimmer

cheers mate

1 Like

Thank you very much for the service call configuration example. :+1:t4: I almost forgot that there was this Alexa Media Player wiki and now ‘discussions’ are also open at that GitHub repo. Here on I’ll look/ask there first. :smiley: