Alexa media player failed

Good day all,
The Alexa media player fails with this error.
“Invalid config for [alexa_media]: [client_id] is an invalid option for [alexa_media]. Check: alexa_media->alexa_media->client_id. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 63). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/alexa_media/

I have the folder created as indicated and the config in my configuration.yaml file. the credentials are correctly listed in the secrets.yaml file. I don’t know if it is just a coincidence, but It was working fine until version .94. (I know, patches always get blamed…)

Could someone suggest a possible solution?

config
  custom_components
    alexa_media
      __init__.py
      const.py
      media_player.py
      notify.py

alexa_media:
  accounts:
    - email: !secret amazon_user
      password: !secret amazon_password
      url: amazon.com
1 Like

Updated HA toasted my Alexa configurations too.

1 Like

You guys need to update the latest alexa media version in order to get it work with new HA.
Also delete your file .pickle (/config/[email protected]) and restart HA then reconnect Alexa account

cyberumb15]
Deleting the pickle file then rebooting twice again fixed the issue. Thank You!

1 Like

I’m having problems getting my alexa’s to talk anymore. I used to access them through python as follows:

self.call_service("media_player/alexa_tts", entity_id=player, message=mess)

I’m gathering from the previous posts here and in other topics that I should be using the notify.alexa_media services now?

First I have one service called notify.alexa_media, as well as a notify.alexa_media_[devicename] entity for each of my alexa dot’s. which one should I use now?

What arguments do I need to pass to the notify service?

Thanks

It appears to have started happening to everyone starting around 9AM CDT.