Alexa Media Player Integration Installation Errors

I am trying to get the alexa integration working so that I can use the alexa media player integration. Unfortunately when I try to do the configuration through integrations I see the following for the configuration.

When I look in the logs I see this:

Logger: homeassistant.util.json
Source: util/json.py:31
First occurred: 9:56:18 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:56:18 PM

JSON file reading failed: /config/custom_components/alexa_media/translations/en.json
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/json.py", line 31, in load_json
    with open(filename, encoding="utf-8") as fdesc:
NotADirectoryError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/config/custom_components/alexa_media/translations/en.json'

Any help on what could be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

1 Like

I was able to get rid of one of the problems entirely, but the other one is still a bit off. As for the error in the logs I needed to correct the issue with the pointer file not working. I simply removed the pointer and renamed the translation directory and the Alexa integration seemed to start up better for me to attempt to do the configuration. However, when looking at the configuration now it still does not have headers for each of the fields and looks like this now:

If I knew what each of these fields where I could attempt to get everything set up and tested. Anyone with any information would be helpful for me to move forward.

Thank you,

Finally got this working. I had to do a restart of the whole system after the last fix to get the screen to show up correctly. In case anyone in the future wants to know what the screen should look like, since I could not find any screenshots online, here is a screengrab.

Hopefully my issues and fixes will help someone else.

Thank you,

Did you need to fill out all of the fields to get it working? I still have the blank screen like your first screenshot after a restart, but I’m not using 2FA on mine.

1 Like

I deleted the translation file but what did you rename the folder to so it can find the english.json, I still get the blank screen and get a second smaller popup screen that I have no idea what its asking for

Hi ! Is "2FA code" and "Built-in 2FA App key" two different keys. if 2FA code created by Authenticator App, Where can i find FA App key ?