Alexa Media Player

Notification that I needed to re-auth. Did so, integration has no visible signs of not working, but no announcements are getting through. Again.

Restart after reauth if you’re having issues. Also, because you seem to be getting upset, I’d like to remind you that Alexa Media Player uses an unofficial amazon api. This API does not have proper auth proces, so this is what we are left with. These reauth issues will never go away unless amazon adds something to it. You are essentially logining into it as a person, not as a computer. This is why it has to be done so frequently. You can reduce the frequency by implementing the built in auth app. Outside of that, there’s nothing more that can be done.

I did reboot. And a full shutdown and restart. And I have the auth method described in your link. Certainly I am frustrated, it’s extremely unreliable since the auth was changed a couple updates ago, I do understand the unofficial nature of all of it. It’s hard to believe I am the only user suffering this issue, but I’m getting no responses, so I guess I must be.

1 Like

Well, for one, this may not be the right place to ask for help with a custom integration. You should try asking through the issue tracker on the github page.

After I setup the built in auth app, I haven’t had to reauth in about 6 months… until yesterday. Also, keep in mind that sometimes, amazon has the “choose the 8 pictures that are tractors” bs. When that happens, it won’t log in. You have to log into your account and get through that via amazons website. Then you can get through the auth on the integration.

Yes, I got the Re-authentication message as well yesterday and it usually works again by following the steps. This time it was a pain in the arse and each time I input the ota code, another new discovery alexa box appears in the integration section. I tried and tried, reboot a few times and finally got rid of those repeat new discovered integration but I am left with this error still. My 4 alexa are working it seems despite this failed setup message. Leaving it like this.

2022-02-01_7-26-24

Where are you prompted for that? I logged out of Amazon and logged back in but was only prompted for 2FA, no captcha

I don’t remember, it was 6 months ago. If you log out and in, you probably don’t have that issue.

Oh ok. Well, thanks for you help.

I’m getting a continual “Alexa Media Reauthentication Required” nothing I do can change it despite the correct 2fa codes. Am trying to log into amazon.co.uk for what it’s worth. I am using an amazon bridge via node red so my voice automations are still working, but it’s annoying. This first started to appear a few versions back and once I logged in with the code it would disappear, but lately (last few weeks, the code refuses to take).

Edit: FWIW I just opened up an incognito window in chrome (instead of ungoogled chromium) and i was asked for the 2fa code again and it took it first time.