Alexa Media Player

Yes I have the group in alexa already, so it would appear that this is just not going to happen at this time

@keatontaylor This may sound crazy but all of a sudden, my Hassio 98.5 system with alexa_media version 2.1.2 tts started preceding everything it said with ā€œAmazon Force Unit Selectionā€ then it says what I wanted it to followed by ā€œlessThan AmazonForceUnitSelectionā€.
This sounds like the Alexa routine is getting a string that includes
ā€œ+my tts string+ā€
I tried bumping up to version 2.2.1 but it did not fix it.

It started while I was using a script containing:

- wait_template: "{{ is_state('media_player.floor', 'stop') }}"

which I modified to use last_alexa like this:

- wait_template: "{{ is_state('states.sensor.last_alexa.state', 'stop') }}"

which appeared to work a few times then this "Amazon Force Unit Selection " error started happening.

Iā€™ve rebooted, hard reboot, restart Hassio, etc. after removing those wait statements. But it persists. I donā€™t know where it is coming from - either Amazon is tacking it on, or it is from the "lexa_media.update_last_called " service, or from the tts service.

Weird, huh? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any help.

got the same exact problem

edit: just testing my echoā€™s and is problem with amazon service , if you say alexa simon say ha ah ah ah , still the Amazon Force Unit Selection problem

Did this just happen a few hours ago?

about 5 hours ago , just call amazon support is a problem with the amazon service , also simon says ha ha ha ha had the same problem
, its not alexa media player problem

I get it. As soon as you said you had the same problem, it could only have been coincidence that it happened during my changes to my scripts. I thought I broke it and backed out all my changes.

The odd thing was that I am building a new HA on a pi4 with the latest release (104 I think) and it worked! So I figured it was something I did to the old one. I just tried the new one and it has the same problem now.

Now I just have to remember all my changes.

From the sound of what Alexa says, it sounds like one of the developers left out a " or two - or something, and the string thatā€™s built now includes part of the code. ( sounds like a code segment).

I hope they fix it soon because my whole HA instance relies on voice communication and responses. It sounds like hell. Yikes!

Thanks for the heads up and info.

Update: 8:50PM EST - simon says works so I tried my script again and it appears to be fixed!

Thank you, thank you, thank youā€¦ I thought I was going a bit nuts thereā€¦
(yes, itā€™s happening to me also)

This statement does not work:

- wait_template: "{{ is_state('states.sensor.last_alexa.state', 'stop') }}"

Apparently, the alexa.state does not seem to ever be in ā€˜stopā€™. Iā€™ve seen playing, paused, idle, but not stop. I was hoping to delay a script while the last alexa finished playing my tts message.

Does anyone know if it changes state when playing a tts message or how to find out what it is?

Thanks.

Iā€™ve just uploaded a video tutorial, you may find some interesting TTS Tips

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Alexa works is indicated within HA with the help of media player alexa

Iā€™m sending a message to Alexa ECHO and Iā€™m working fine, but Iā€™m not having a tablet, I have a tablet installed in Alexa,

Attaching an example

------ work whit echo only ----

------ And if I just change the device between the tablet is not working, ECHO is working fineā€”

------ If I change from data_template to data only I can send a simple message in just one sentence and a tablet works ā€“

test_bedroom_temperature:

alias: test

sequence:

- service: notify.alexa_media

data_template:

target:

- media_player.yuval_s_echo

data:

type: tts

message: ' Good Morning, John. The temperature inside is currently {{ states("sensor.0x00158d00047b5284_temperature")

}} degrees, and the heating is currently

{% if is_state("climate.salon", "off") -%} turned off. {%- else -%} set to

{{ states("sensor.0x00158d00047b5284_temperature") }} degrees. {%- endif %}

The temperature outside is currently {{ states("sensor.0x00158d00047b5284_temperature")

}} degrees.' 

Iā€™m having a problemā€¦ and I thin its associated with this integrationā€¦
Alexa Media Player not Configuring

I am trying to figure out how to take a sensor that contains text and have Alexa tell me what the sensor currently contains. In this case itā€™s the state of my post office mail coming today. I have both the Amexa Meida Player setup with TTS support though havenā€™t seen if it works still for a while and also a Lambda function for getting Alexa to turn things on and off. Is there a way thru the media player add on to output on the asked Alexa whatā€™s in the sensor? So like ā€œAlexa, what mail is coming today?ā€ And she would response back with the sensor.mail_summary contents.

I did just like you [BitViper], the settings but I do not understand why get as products like Echo works properly and in products like Tablet only ā€œbroadcastā€ of one sentence works

Authentication has stopped working. Initially, gone is the captcha replaced by an OTP. When the OTP received via email from Amazon and entered as requested, it simply asks for it again and again. Authentication fails. Rebooted, captcha was back, it failed repeatedly and locked me out with a message about forgot password screen being detected.

Uninstalled, reinstalled integration. Went through the setup process again, captcha included. Sent link to phone to approve, which I did but the screen in HA Integration just sat there and could not be dismissed with the submit button after a lot of time waiting. Using the X to close the window caused the integration setup to fail.

I tried several times.

1 Like

I am stuck too. Cannot get past this screen. Running v2.10.4

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202073820

Enable 2FA with Amazon as a work around.

1 Like

The new auth methods do not work. Integration is now broken.

Still not working?

After setting up proxy, it didnā€™t work, and then it worked (without intervention) after about 8 hrs. Now itā€™s constantly expiring every 2 days. Iā€™ll get a 2FA code in text message in the middle of the night, by morning it is of course expired. This was setup on the proxy method, yet Iā€™m still getting 2fA required, proxy no longer works at all for that matter 2FA doesnā€™t either.

I keep getting this:

Relogin required after 2 days, 20:09:44.990745 and 24406 api calls

Now, when I attempt to reauthenticate it complains of a password problem, which is inaccurate for sure.

So nope, still not working, reliably.

No one else is experiencing this problem?