Alexa Routine Action - Webhook - API to Nabu Casa (like it does for IFTTT)

I may have missed another post or in-place answer, so please direct me if I have.

In an Alexa routine, I can call an IFTTT webhook, which in turn calls an HA webhook to trigger HA automation. But that can take up to 15 seconds from Alexa recognition and send until call received by local HA. Want to reduce the hops.

Is there either an existing Alexa Skill that can make webhook calls to any URL (direct, not via service), plans to add such a feature into the HA Alexa Skill, or an existing Off The Shelf way I am missing?

Thanks!

You can use this

Otherwise I don’t believe there’s anything planned. You may be able to create this using Alexa Smart Home Skill, but that usually proves to be an uphill battle for beginners. If you’ve been here a while and you can follow directions, it’s pretty well documented. Setting up your own custom skills is not and takes some brute force.

Thanks - I looked at that, but seems to be essentially the same as IFTTT - Alexa to Zapier to N.C. to HA.

Maybe will look at ASHS - did see that documentation page, so thanks for affirming that.

Seems that it would be a good HA feature to include as long as there is an existing Skill. But I can certainly see how it might be a lower priority/need.

(Also would be nice if an Alexa routine could just native make webhook calls…)

I wish Alexa would do a lot of things. They take to long to add features.

2 Likes

The Home Assistant Skill created with Alexa Smart Home Skill could trigger a Home Assistant that run a webhook?

I use Emulated Hue to connect Home Assistant to alexa. If you need to run scripts or toggle helpers, I create a fake light with tamplate.

here is an example tamplate:

light:
  - platform: template
    lights:
      vliveautoacontemplate:
        friendly_name: "vLiveAutoAConTemplate"
        unique_id: "light.vliveautoacontemplate"
        turn_on:
        turn_off: