Alexa Skill not linking

I was messing around with Alexa and HA earlier this spring and had issues with “location”.

I solved it by “moving” to the US, I.e. both amazon.com and an US address.

Although the component documentation has some suggestions: https://www.home-assistant.io/cloud/troubleshooting/
(Filtering entities)

same problem for me even with the filter trick in cloud config. I added the minimum but it change nothing…

I had the same issue. I was using an *@outlook.de email address as HA Cloud account. Once i’ve changed it to a gmail.com account skill-linking worked.

I use gmail and it’s not working though…

1 Like

Any update? Can Home Assistant cloud be connected to Google Home & Alexa simultaneously?

Has anyone found a fix?

1 Like

No replies here yet either on a fix/update to this?

I eventually got this working in Australia.

Had to do 2 things:

1. Ensure my Country/Region Settings was set to Australia in my account (www.amazon.com.au -> Manage Your Content and Devices -> Settings)
  2. Enable the skill using Safari on my iPhone

Only Safari on my iPhone worked for me.
Just like others I tried Alexa iOS app, desktop Chrome and desktop Safari but none of them worked.

My code snippet looks like this:

cloud:
  alexa:
    filter:
      include_entities:
        - light.lounge_room_lamp
        - light.dining_room_lamp

I was also using a gmail address.

Before doing the above, I had also already logged in to Home Assistant Cloud on my HA frontend.

After the skill linked, I was able to add my exposed lights in the Alexa iOS app (Menu -> Smart Home -> Add Device)

I hope this provides helpful to others, I know how frustrating it feels to be so close to having it all working together.

This did not work for me. I even cleared all of my cache/cookies and logged back into Amazon but it’s still not working.

Does anyone know if you can link Hass.io to Google Home AND Alexa simultaneously?

Hi!

I’ve finally been able to link my Alexa account with Hass cloud. My email address from Amazon and from hass cloud were different. I change them to be the same and it works perfectly!

How is it that everyone is finding a different solution to this problem? Are there are Home Assistant devs that can chime in here? This is a pretty major piece of functionality that is currently broken and to at least know it’s being looked into would be great…

??? no updates at all

Same issue, no resolve for me. Tried many things, nothing works. Google Home linked just fine.

Unbelievable. This page: https://www.home-assistant.io/cloud/troubleshooting/

I had no success linking Echo for three weeks, since initial HASS install. I decided to add the entries from the above page as is:

cloud:
  alexa:
    filter:
      include_entities:
        - light.kitchen

Mind you, I do not have light.kitchen. After that, it immediately worked and now Echo is linked. WTF.

I have another permutation that worked! I already tried the app on an iPad and my Android phone. Then the Alexa website on various browsers on my PC and ipad. Finally, I tried the Alexa website with Chrome on my iPad with the browser set to request the desktop site - this worked right away.

I already contacted amazon via live chat and they couldn’t help but were going to get back to me. I also gave them the url of this thread.

The fix for me was turning off 2FA on the amazon website, I tried everything but as soon as I turned it off success! I worked this out because my girlfriend could link her amazon skill to my home assistant account first try. I turned it back on as as I linked accounts and all still worked.

2 Likes

Ooooh I’m going to try that, will post back if it does/does not work.

OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, THIS WORKED!!! It still didn’t work from within the Alexa app but using Safari on my phone let me finally link it.

YOU SIR ARE A GOD AMONG MEN. THANK YOU!!!

yes sir…no 2FA is the fix…thank you

I can confirm that disabling 2FA for my account also worked for me. I had tried all other suggestions in this thread to no avail. I did use Safari (iPhone) to add the skill after disabling. I’ve re-enabled 2FA after linking the account.