Alexa Skill not linking

Hi,

I am trying to add the Alexa skill. I have a HA cloud account set up, but when adding the skill in Alexa and trying to link accounts it always displays the below error.

I am in australia.

Blockquote
We were unable to link Home Assistant at this time.
Please try again later.

4 Likes

Same issue is occurring for me.

Is there any resolution on this. I am having the same issue in the US.

I was able to link the skill again by doing it through my web browser on amazon.com rather than the Alexa app.

It doesn’t work mobile or browser for me.

I am having the same problem. In the US. I have https setup and my DNS is setup correctly to resolve outside my network and proper ports opened at the fire wall. Running HASSIO (Latest) and cloud configuration says connected to cloud.

+1 - based in UK. Thought I would give this a try to see if it’s worth parting with money for… Seems not yet.

Not every cloud has a silver lining… More so that this thread has been open 14 days without any dev comment on it!

Add another one to the list. Now 29 days no response.

Seeing the same in the UK. Also HASSIO advertises the google assistant connection but the link takes me just the google assistant skll front page

Also seeing this issue in the US. Failing with:
“We were unable to link Home Assistant at this time. Please try again later.”

Fails both on Alexa app and in browser.

+1, also in Australia.

From the Amazon Alexa app, I get:
We were unable to link Home Assistant at this time. Please try again later.

From amazon.com.au, I get:
You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions.

Linking the skill via a desktop browser worked for me, too. I am not at home to test any commands, but the skill is linked again, at least. In case it’s relevant, I’m also in the US.

Resetting the password on my Home Assistant Cloud account solved the issue for me. I’m guessing that the Home Assistant sign-in page (that you get when enabling the skill) doesn’t tell you if you’re password is wrong. It would be interesting to see if this solves the issue for anyone else.

I’m using Amazon UK is that helps anyone. When I managed to successfully enable the Home Assist skill, I did it via the desktop version of Firefox.

Before I got it working, I’d tried to enable the skill via i) the Alexa iOS app, ii) desktop Chrome and iii) desktop Firefox and none of them worked. Enabling the skill only worked once I’d reset my password.

try signing in on AU amazon, it worked for me:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Home-Assistant/dp/B0772J1QKB/

This worked for me too. Although, Safari on my Mac didn’t work but then Safari on my phone did!

I’ve been getting this error every time I’ve tried to enable the Home Assistant skill on my Alexa account -probably 15+ times for the past two weeks. I’ve tried different browsers, I’ve tried on my laptop and my phone, I’ve reset my Home Assistant Cloud password, I’ve upgraded Home Assistant, I’ve tried everything I can think of that might be solvable on my side. What else can I try? Can the error page be updated to better indicate the root cause of the issue? I’m so close to being able to control my entire home via Home Assistant with Alexa and am so excited for it, but I feel helpless to resolving this. Help!?

I currently have the same problem, the Alexa skill won’t link to my account. I’m using the skill in germany. Any ideas on how to debug this?

So I was having this issue for the past few days and I tried every suggestion and multiple times to link it, and nothing. I had only included the cloud: section in the config with no other options below. Today, I was reading that there are far more options to include in that section and that seems to have fixed my issue as it now linked. Mind you, it would not link through Chrome, I had to use Firefox on desktop and going through the Amazon.ca website (I’m in Canada).

cloud:
  alexa:
    filter:
      include_entities:
        - switch.bathroom
    entity_config:
      switch.bathroom:
        name: Bathroom Light
        description: The light in the bathroom

So if you haven’t already, try putting more options in your config as per this page, https://www.home-assistant.io/cloud/alexa/

1 Like

you’re a lucky guy :wink: Just tried it with a single switch, just like in your example, but it doesn’t work. I tried with firefox and chrome.

Same with the french skill. I have tried everything: reset the password, mutiple browsers on PC & phone. Still can’t connect!