Alexa skill with lambda, dialog for making coffe in the Morning

Hey Guys,

I worked on this project for a while now and now I am ready to share it with you. In adevance, I am sorry my englisch is not the best. :slight_smile:

At first: my goal was to make alexa do 2 things:

1. Start the sunrise automation by saying “Alexa, Guten Morgen”, this wasn´t a big Problem when using routins.

2. After saying “Alexa, Guten Morgen” she shoud ask if I would like to have Coffee (I´ve got a smarter coffee maschine) If I only say “Yes” she shous ask me how many cups I want.

because of the second part a routin wasn´t possible anymore, because Alexa cannot respond with costum ansers, as some of you know.

So I started to implement an custom skill useing intents, the Python 2.7 Runtime of aws lambda und the home assistant Restful api.

I uploaded the lamda code to github

the Alexa_skill.json is the JSON file for the Alexa custon skill.

A few Informations

• switch.kaffe* are the triggers for a Python script with send the information frim my pi to the smart coffee,´

• light.aufstehen is the trigger for my sunrise automation with limitlessLed bulbs.

If someone wants to see the config for the automation and the script for the coffee maschine as well, just ask.

best regards

MA5K

3 Likes

I’d be very interested in implementing your script, but instead of asking for coffee, she’d ask for example how was my sleep, then if yes do/say something.

Would this method require me to say “Alexa ask home Assistant blah blah” or can I simply say “Alexa goodmorning” then trigger something.

(I haven’t setup intents before but I’d be willing to if I can bypass the flash briefing or “ask home assistant to” methods)

Thanks

Edit: Playing around with your script, have no idea what I’m doing but I’m trying haha. Would love to see the config and automation though :slight_smile:

Hey emnaudin,

I set the “Skill Invocation Name” to “good morning”. Bye doing this its always triggering when you say those words.

Thats it, if you have further questions, just ask. :slight_smile:

Can you share script for talking to coffee machine? and automation config would be great too.
I have Smarter iKettle and hope to automate it. Thanks!

here it is