Alexa Stopped Working After 2023.5.0

Alexa voice commands to HA are no longer working. I checked the new Voice Assistant page in HA and shows 0 entities enabled. There is no way to enable all the entities at once, they have to be selected individually. Why were the entities not enabled with the update? I rolled back to 2023.4.6 with a quick rebuild to get Alexa to work, but had to rebuild my Alexa commands for some reason as the actions where missing the HA entities.

Dan

1 Like

Please see the release notes topic.

I’m having the same issue after updating to 5.0. Alexa completely stopped working and had no entities available. Everything worked fine via the app but noting voice.

Reverted back to 4.6 backup and things are working fine again.

3rd, can not control HA from ‘She who shall not be named’, no groups, no lights.
I have to flip switches like an animal!!

Addendum: It appears that after the upgrade, the devices are not ‘Set Exposed’ to ‘She who shall not be named’ By clicking on the “Expose” tab and enabling a device to be exposed to the voice controled device, you can get it to work, looking for a way to select all and expose all.

Selecting the check box for groups or the top one for all you can manage groups to be exposed/unexposed.

After performing this procedure, I no longer have to live like a animal and touch light switches! Painful, but not too drastic of a production work-around.

This happened to me also. even after exposing everything to Alexa only my devices worked. None of my routines worked.
I had to go through all my routines and add the action again.

Thanks for the post. I went back and upgraded to to 2023.5 and exposed all the entities and all is well.

Dan

Same issue.

I think the github post is suggesting to role back to 2023.4.x, then upgrade straight to 2023.5.1, and that should work?

Same issue here as well. Any suggestions besides downgrading?

BTW after downgrading to 2023.4.6 everything works well again