Alexa suddenly stopped working

hi,
very strange behaviour … since yesterday all my HA exposed entities to alexa stopped working via voice command:

• in Alexa app all HA devices show as “device is unresponsive”

I already tried to:

• disable and re-enable (re-link to nabu casa account)
  • switch off an on the Alexa Integration in HA
  • even deleted one Test light from Alexa app, de-listed that also from HA Alexa exposed entities and freshly added that entity (caused Alexa app to happily detect this as new device) but still not working

might be some coincidence with an HA update I installed yesterday ? … not sure

my question now is HOW can I further debug and find the root cause why this dies not work anymore

ok,
looks like I found the “issue”:

• it is the remote UI connect in nabu casa cloud which somehow got disconnected
  • strange is that in HA it still shows as connected
  • so sign-out from HA of nabu casa cloud and re-login
  • and voila everything works again…

will continue to watch when this occurs again and why …

cheerz

3 Likes

Seems the same thing happened to me 2-3 days ago, and this fixed it. How odd.

1 Like

Wow big help here. I’m working on moving my HA instance to another machine and logged in with a backup on that machine before I’m ready to fully put it into production. Pretty sure having two instances running threw something out of whack but this was the fix. Thank you

Just had the same thing happen to me. Alexa was saying all the devices were not responding. Logging out and back in to Nabu Casa fixed it.

It just happened to me, I’m not sure if it is related to Supervisor or Core updates, I just did some updates and the devices stopped working with Alexa.

Nabu was showing as connected, but after a logout and login, it fixed the problem.

As extra information, now the devices are showing as recently added to Alexa, and all of them were removed from the Alexa groups.