AlexxIT/SonoffLAN, how to add a new device

I opened a new Sonoff Mini R2 and discovered that the flashing pins had moved so slightly that my programming jig wouldn’t connect. So, I decided that this was a good time to try SonoffLAN. I got the first switch to install and it is working on my Home Assistant front-end.

So, I opened the second one. Installed it on EweLink, upgraded the firmware, and I can control it from EweLink. I went to the Sonoff integration to add the device, and entered my EweLink login credentials. Then… nothing.

What did I miss?

Did you try a reload of it (AlexxIT/Sonoff), if not a reboot of the HA

You mean a reinstall? It’s an integration, not an Add-On. But, no. I did restart Home Assistant a couple of times, but nothing changed.

However! When I turned my PC on this morning, the new device appeared in the integration. So, I don’t know what I did but sleep a few hours. I will unbox another one and go through the steps again.

NO, not a re-install, Under settings, Then into Devices & Services, then with it on Integrations, you’ll find Sonoff. Go into Sonoff, right next to the blue configure are 3 dots. Click on the dots. There is a Reload and also System Options (Gear), make sure you have those two options enabled.

OK, Reload. Got it.

I did install another Mini on my eWelink app and after restarting Home Assistant, it showed up in the integration. I have no clue why it didn’t work last night.