Alfred Security Cameras (Free!)

Has anyone looked into Alfred for reusing old phones for security? They don’t seem to have an API yet but they also don’t seem to have any limitations on numbers of cameras and also have a web viewer… https://alfred.camera/webapp/

Just curious if anyone has looked into this at all. Curious what you think of it…

Thanks
CARLO.

5 Likes

Just saw this today as a matter of fact. Looks a lot like Manythings, right down to the subscription option and in app purchases. And of course, Manythings already is supported in HA.

From what I saw though, there are NO MONTHLY FEES. Just a One time ‘Ad Free’ purchase. $5.99 for as many devices as you want. The ManyThings is great but costly and from what I can see only supports 2 cameras.

Really? I hadn’t gone that far into it. I have plenty of credits, I’ll look into this.

I did mess with them for a while and I am no longer using them. :confused: They just weren’t reliable. Not worth the trouble.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up!

Hi Robert (@rpitera) ,

As I didn’t find anything related to Manything camera component aside to this post, hence would like to ask you regarding that component integration into hass.

Actually, the description of the component only shows the possibility of triggering the manything motion sense via maker channel but I didn’t understand if Manything can be added into hass as a camera component like any other camera like Foscam?

Anyone had done it ?

Thanks

Alfred had evolved a lot since 2016, has anyone able to integrate it in his/her dash?

Hi all,
as an additional year passed I would like to ask the community if someone has any information about using Alfred together with home Assistant.

My objective:
I want to use old mobile phones for survilance reasons but integration into Home Assistant is a must!

I just hope there are other people out there with the same use case in mind.

Best Regards

4 Likes

are they adroid phones? If so take a look at:

Hi silvrr,

thx for your hint!!!

And another year has passed. Anyone had success with Alfred Camera on iPhone? I like the functionality they have where the phone is locked into the app and it can’t only be terminated entering a password. It improves the stability of older phones

1 Like

Hello Guys,

Anyone found a reliable solution to integrated Alfred Cam to HA?
Currently am using IP webcam but its heavy on the devices and cant access easily outside the network.

6 Likes

Ill be watching this thread, please if anyone finds a good solution its well appreciated

Another one looking for an integration.

Thank you.

I’ll revive this thread to cast my vote. I’m very new to HA but have been using AlfredCam for almost 5 years now and find it works well. I could swear I reached out to them within the last year or so about an API/smart home integration, and they said they were not planning one, but I can’t find that anywhere. Maybe if enough of us push…

2 Likes