Aliases & Expose: only exclusively available to Nabu Casa?

Hi!

I learned about the Voice Assistant feature “Alias” and “Expose”.

Are they an exclusive feature of Nabu Casa HASS Cloud?
I integrated Alexa and Google Assistant manually with my own server/domain and is currently working.

But they’re not showing in the Voice Assistant window for setting “Expose” and “Alias”.

What screen is that? I have two Assist entries enabled (From Settings > Voice Assistants) and it allows me to configure exposed entities:

Aliases are configured from Settings > Areas:

I guess, if that’s disabled for you, Google Assistant is not correctly tied to your instance. IIRC, to get HA to expose its own entities to Google, you indeed need a Nabu Casa subscription, as they somewhat need to bridge these services for you through their cloud.

I just stumbled upon the screen you posted, it’s inside an entity’s “Voice assistants” option, right?

Well, I just added an alias via the + add alias button and it works great, both from the text Assist on the top-right and from the S3 voice assistant.

Those are standard features not tied to nabu cloud.

You’ll need to be more clear and concise before we can help you. All we can do is guess what you mean by:

But they’re not showing in the Voice Assistant window for setting “Expose” and “Alias”.

The Google casting media player? An entity of a Google home device?

What are you trying to accomplish?