Aliexpress ESP32 4ch relay

Hey guys,

Any one managed to determine the pinout for this 4ch relay board? A yaml file would be even better

That’s not an ESP32 board. And it looks like it comes out of the box with the relays not connected to any GPIO. Seems needs headers soldered on and connections made in order for it to work.

1 Like

Hi Ejalal

I believe this board is identical to one I have. I also got mine from Aliexpress and it works well. The ESP is an ESP 12F (which I understand is nearly identical to 12E)

I got it working in HA by using the settings in the following link:

Only thing you need to do is to use jumper or similar to short these contacts (in orange):
That took me a little time to figure out. (Not too much documentation available)

/D

1 Like

Visit LC Technology product page AC/DC power ESP8266 WIFI four relay ESP-12F Dev board_chinalctech or
https://templates.blakadder.com/assets/ESP12F_Relay_X4.pdf should be enough as documentation.

On ESP-12F_Relay_X4 | devices.esphome.io I see that GPIOs 12-16 are used to control relays (if connected to RY1-4).

Are there any other GPIOs left that I can connect to? Specifically with Capacitive soil moisture sensor

I believe this is one You searching.
Relays to be connected by jumpers to GPIO.
As well every jumper on board have note close to it.

How many does the product specifications tell you are available besides what the relays use? These things all have specifications or documentation somewhere on the sellers page. You gotta read it.

documentation on aliexpress? ROTFL
There were even no instructions on how to connect the programmer.

Ya… theres typically some form of documentation, even on aliexpress… If there arent any documentation then ROTFL for the sucker thats dumb enough to buy a custom made pcb from a seller that doesn’t provide them…

First one i clicked on…

great manual… i needed to supply 3.3V, not 5V.
p.s. “5V, IO0 needs to be connected to GND” show me how it works when 5V is connected to GND :smiley:

Same way you connect 3.3v to Gnd when you want to sink current and trigger a logic Low. Most usb to serial flashers can only use 3.3v so I imagine it has something to do with that or has something to do with onboard circuits. I seriously doubt you “need” 3 3v and if powering relays and additional sensors, you should probably use 5v