All files moved to lost+found?

Hass.io has been running for a couple of months without a problem. After a power outage, it wouldn’t come up on http or ssh but was pinging. I was able to access the low level ssh on 22222 though. Running ‘journalctl -f’ I could see a ton of files being moved into lost and found. Finally I get:
hassio start-resin-supervisor[27843]: Error: No such object: homeassistant/armhf-hassio-supervisor
hassio docker[27866]: Error response from daemon: No such container: resin_supervisor

‘docker ps’ shows nothing running

Found configuration.yaml here:
root@hassio:/mnt/data/lost+found/#16385/homeassistant#
Along with everything else I would expect.

If there anyway to restore from lost+found? Would that be enough to get the container(?) working again from docker (I’m well out of my depth here - apoligies if the terms are off!).
If not what would be the simplest way to recover some of these files before I wipe (I spent a while getting PS4-Waker to work).

Thanks in Advance

Files being moved to lost and found usually means a fairly serious disk corruption, occurred - the OS will check the disks when it comes up and if it finds problems it will do its best recover what it can by moving orphaned files to lost and found. You likely logged on while it was in the middle of this. At least, that is the case for a regular linux system, I’m not sure of any additional subtleties introduced by hass.io.

Thanks. I think it’s time to just copy the config files out and rebuild.

1 Like