All-in-one Installation fails

I’m trying the all-in-one installation on a fresh Raspbian Jessie (not lite) install via ssh. Eventually I get disconnected (maybe the pi reboots?), but HA doesn’t seem to be working afterwards. I also tried sudo systemctl restart home-assistant.service with no avail. The last text in my install log is:

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 128 while executing 'git clone https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave-control-panel.git'!

[localhost] put: Makefile -> /srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel/Makefile
[localhost] sudo: make
[localhost] out: make: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
[localhost] out:

[localhost] sudo: ln -sd /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv**6**l.egg/config
[localhost] out: ln: failed to create symbolic link [34m~@~X./config[34m~@~Y: File exists
[localhost] out:

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 1 while executing 'ln -sd /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv**6**l.egg/config'!

Does anyone know what’s going on? I’ve tried running the install inside of tmux and screen thinking maybe it was dying because of logout, but those are both dead with no sessions when I reconnect.

Thanks!

It looks like the install had actually succeeded (multiple times), which led to making multiple mqtt entries in home assistant’s config. I cleaned that up and home assistant still fails due to missing values in the config. I’m pretty sure once I set the config back up to how I had prior to this reinstall I should be up and running.

I’m having the same problem - Fresh install of Raspbian Lite on an RPI3, changed the pi password, configured wifi, and then ran this:

wget -Nnv https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/fabric-home-assistant/master/hass_rpi_installer.sh && bash hass_rpi_installer.sh

After some churn, the RPI3 reboots itself when it gets here:

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 128 while executing 'git clone https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave-control-panel.git'!

[localhost] put: Makefile -> /srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel/Makefile
[localhost] sudo: make
[localhost] out: make: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
[localhost] out: 

[localhost] sudo: ln -sd /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config
[localhost] out: ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘./config’: File exists
[localhost] out: 

Warning: sudo() received nonzero return code 1 while executing 'ln -sd /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config'!

When I repeat the process, I end up with it rebooting at the same spot.

I just looked through my log and I have the same error. Like you, I’ve not been successful installing HA using Raspbian Lite on a RPI3. Hope someone sheds some light here.

I was eventually successful after just trying it multiple times. I just had to clean up all the redundant mqtt entries.

I’ve run this script at least 5 times. It completes and executes a reboot. However, openzwave and the control panel are not being built. After correcting for the multiple mqtt entries I was able to manually start HA, but still no openzwave so the system is pretty much useless until we can get some help.

I did it 2 times, but I get the same error … any news about ewhat it is?

how you did this? Where are the mqtt entries??

The duplicate mqtt entries will be in your home assistant config file.

thanks, I cancelled the duplicat errors. Anyway my HA does not start

Once you clean out your config you’ll probably still need to setup the basics for it. You can start it manually to see any errors, or run the config test. Sorry I don’t have access to my Raspberry Pi for quite a while so I can’t post the specific instructions.

How to start manually? And/or how to run the config test?

Newb here

This will be a lot more useful than me, since I don’t have access to my raspberry pi: https://home-assistant.io/getting-started/installation-raspberry-pi-all-in-one/ Of particular note, the config is at /home/hass/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml (this should be the file you were editing to remove the mqtt references. I think the application to run is somewhere inside of /srv/hass, maybe /srv/hass/bin/activate?