All in One RPI installer issue

I am trying to use the RPI all in one installer and am unable to complete the installation. I tried using a fresh install of OSMC and Xbian as they use a debian base. Both resulted in the same failure response.

Fatal error: sudo() received nonzero return code 9 while executing!

I tried to it with the env.warn_only = True and the script continued to run but failed to install hass in a working condition. When I try to run the script again I get:

192.168.1.109] out: useradd: user ‘mosquitto’ already exists
[192.168.1.109] out:

Fatal error: sudo() received nonzero return code 9 while executing!

Requested: useradd mosquitto
Executed: sudo -S -p ‘sudo password:’ /bin/bash -l -c “useradd mosquitto”

Aborting.
Disconnecting from 192.168.1.109… done.

So I tried to run this again on a fresh install of Raspbian instead of OSMC/Xbian. Here is the error I received:

[localhost] out: libwebsockets-1.4-chrome43-firefox-36/win32port/zlib/zlib.h
[localhost] out:
[localhost] out: gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
[localhost] out: tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
[localhost] out: tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
[localhost] out: tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
[localhost] out:

Fatal error: sudo() received nonzero return code 2 while executing!

Requested: tar xvf libwebsockets*
Executed: sudo -S -p ‘sudo password:’ /bin/bash -l -c “cd /tmp >/dev/null && tar xvf libwebsockets*”

Aborting.
Disconnecting from localhost… done.

I don’t know if this is related to your issue but I struggled with similar issues. I eventually got the All in One to work but what I learned is if you have a slow internet connection you may “time out” on certain downloads and at that point you will need to wipe the SD card & start over from fresh install of raspbian. It took me 4 tries to download/install properly. I’d suggest a prebuilt IMG may be easier & faster to download (torrent).

Another issue I had is trying to look at my new HA from Microsoft Edge (doesn’t work properly).

Good Luck!
Calvin

Thanks. I have a 300mbps connection, so that shouldn’t be the issue. I think what I’ve decided to do is run Libreelec and run HA through a docker container. Since my goal was to run kodi and HA on the same device.

Hi , my goal is the same, can you post how you manage to run kodi and HA on same device?
Thanks , Sorry for bad English :slight_smile: