All my Tasmota Devices no longer work in Home Assistant

Hey All.
I’ve tried everything and have spend hours debugging with the best of my knowledge.
But the other day one of my (Pre-Flashed) Tasmota Smart Switches, just lost its settings, and I was able to recover its settings out back online.
OK no problem, but then I realized that now my other Tasmota devices are no longer seen by HS,
And even worse all of my 25 Tuya devices are not able to be found in HS

But for now I just would be truly grateful for some assistance on the Tasmota problem.

• MQTT will not allow me to change it’s default settings. (See image). If I try to change the settings it will not save. Notice the broker that should be 192.168.0.xx, as well user name and password can’t be changed… and the password is like 50 characters long. again I can’t use the normal credentials. ?? Ughh

• I deleted everything and now HS can find my 5 Tasmota Devices but can’t access or control them.

• First I thought it was my PiHole DNS, but after some trouble shooting I think that’s ok.

• SO I can directly control each Tasmota deices via their webpage, or through TasmoAdmin.

So I’m thinking its the MQTT settings?? But I’m at a loss as to what to do here…

Thanks in Advance…

Logger: homeassistant.components.mqtt.client
Source: components/mqtt/client.py:683
Integration: MQTT (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:58:24 PM (526 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:02:52 PM

No ACK from MQTT server in 10 seconds (mid: 383)
No ACK from MQTT server in 10 seconds (mid: 384)
No ACK from MQTT server in 10 seconds (mid: 385)
No ACK from MQTT server in 10 seconds (mid: 386)
No ACK from MQTT server in 10 seconds (mid: 1382)

Have you changed something recently that has caused this perhaps ?

All my Tasmota devices work flawlessly.

Maybe try having a look at deleting/reinstalling the MQTT integration as a last resort.

Sorry missed that bit :smiley:

What is the Tasmota version on your devices ?

So you can access the device from the Webui, what are you getting in the logs there ?

Update here. I did finally get all my Tasmota devices to show up in Home Assistant.
Actually not sure how I did that. LOL
But it’s typical with me I just tinker around and usually fix it.
Maybe the Name was an issue? As I did have them all named Tasmota1, 2 , 3 etc… But they did work before, so not sure. But it’s now working again.
Thanks for your assistance. Much Appreciated !!

Check out this issue on GitHub:
Can't decode payload WARNING · Discussion #15970 · arendst/Tasmota · GitHub

Some fingerpointing at TasmoAdmin as creating undue load on Tasmota devices by polling them every 8 seconds. I was having problems after more than a year of rock solid Tasmota performance and then suddenly unresponsive sonoff S31 switches, malformed MQTT messages reported in the HA logs, and inability to connect directly to devices. Things cleared up after I disabled the TasmoAdmin plug-in and rebooting the ubiquity AP that the devices connected to. Not sure what actually fixed the problem. Good luck!