All my Tradfri lights strobing for a few seconds then fully losing connection

Hi, i have a really weird problem which started around 3 weeks ago.

At random moments in the day (Not more than once a day, some days not), all my tradfri (around 15) bulbs and outlet switches strobe very fast for a second or two, turn on, then they fully lose connection to zigbee2mqtt after which i cannot control them any more. My Hue bulbs do not show this behavior.

I just caught it happening again at 18:30 local time, and i grabbed the zigbee2mqtt log around that moment. This is all logging that happened directly after this event:

zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:26:50: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"bedlamp_<redacted>"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:03: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw03"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:03: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw01"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:03: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw04"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:03: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw04"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:04: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"werkkamer_jeffrey_bureau_links"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:04: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw04"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:04: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw02"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:04: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"werkkamer_jeffrey_bureau_links"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:04: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw01"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:05: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw01"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:05: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw03"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:05: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw03"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:06: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw01"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:06: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"werkkamer_jeffrey_bureau_rechts"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:06: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw04"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:07: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw01"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:07: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"werkkamer_jeffrey_bureau_rechts"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:08: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"werkkamer_jeffrey_bureau_rechts"}}'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-04-03 16:29:09: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"device_announced","message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"tsw04"}}'

Now this shows that the bulbs/switches have probably powercycled and are re-announcing to the network. After each event, maybe one or two becomes responsive again, the others i have to re-pair to the network after which they work fine (until the next time this happens).

I have tested a lot of things. I run on the latest version of zigbee2mqtt (1.12). I have tried a different CC2531 stick, have upgraded the firmware on it, even tried the source routing firmware which also had the same problem. I have tried starting from scratch with zigbee2mqtt repairing all devices in the house. I have checked and my zigbee channel is the zigbee2mqtt default channel, and this does not overlap with my 2.4GHz wifi networks. My house has 3 layers of brick so interference from neighbors should not have much of an effect, while inside the house i receive no other wifi networks as my own, though there may be other kinds of interference, but that would be difficult to detect.

I did not yet try moving to another zigbee channel, but i wanted to check here first. Is there anyone who has experienced the same or something similar? This setup has worked for a year without any problems. I maybe suspect some kind of power issue in my area, but here in the Netherlands the power is really reliable and i never have outages or weird brownouts. Voltage is always around 230V, at least always between 220V and 240V. I hope anyone can give more insight on this as i’m afraid i am not going to find the cause on my own.

The strobe (7 times flashing) is resetting Trådfri. So that they are not connected anymore afterwards is logic.
The reason for the strobe I don’t know?? Something wrong with your electricity?

Yeah but 7 times switching the power does not reset the outlet switches, who also have this problem. Also, if my power was causing the strobing, i would have had other devices in the house acting weird.

Also, the lamps are strobing so fast, i cannot replicate that speed with a power button. The tradfri bulbs take half a second to turn on.

I have been sniffing some zigbee traffic to look into the problem. I see a lot of Network Status, 0x0000: Address Conflict messages in wireshark when switching on/off a bulb or control socket that is affected by this problem. Zigbee2mqtt logs ‘no network route’.

Do u have automations running? I had 3 automations running and that whas causing a conflict that it would make 2 lamps strobing. I then needed to take it out in order to stop. Otherwise I couldn’t turn it of. And then my home assistant wouldn’t recognize it. So I needed to change the lamp. And after a day of 2 when put it back my hassio would recognize it automatic again. Very strange behavior.

bye…!!! anne anne