All SmartThings devices are unavailable

Hello,

SmartThings was working fine for a long while. Occasional hiccups in syncronization of devices would be solved by removing and re-adding the integration. But no longer

All devices were unavaialble. I removed and re-added the integration but all devices remain unavaialble. I used the removal tool successfully and restarted home assistant twice for good measure and added the integration back but still all devices are still imported with an unavailable status. I appreciate any help you could provide!!

1 Like

Unfortunately I have the same problem…

Same thing here. After I updated to the following versions:

supervisor-2021.10.8
core-2021.11.5

Will a restore from previous backup fix this? (temporarily at least)
If I remove the ST integration, add integration, will it screw up my automations?

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.service
Source: helpers/service.py:130
First occurred: 8:07:42 AM (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:52:49 AM

Unable to find referenced entities light.living_room
Unable to find referenced entities cover.office_shade
Unable to find referenced entities cover.office_shades_2
Unable to find referenced entities switch.office

I just deleted the configuration and re-added again creating a new token. It is working again.

Before doing that I went back to a previous backup and no luck. Then upgraded to 11.5, no luck. Don’t know if that help r not with the removing/setup of ST.

Interesting. Glad you got it to work! Your error is different than mine, though. Repeated your steps but no dice. As you can see, the intergration is “successful” except that everything is unavailable:

Saw another thread mention that Adguard / pihole can interfere with things.

Deleted integration
Removed all traces with hass_smartthings_remove
Disabled AdGuard
Set up integration
Re-enabled AdGuard

Success!

This happened to me this past week when I attempted to update the system to 2022.3.3. The error I got was “Your installation is running in an unhealthy state.” The issue with the 2022.3.3 update was documented here:

and here:

In an attempt to troubleshoot I thought the prudent thing to do a full restore of a Google backup from 3 days prior. Everything loaded properly except for the Smartthings integration.

After the 2022.3.3 issues were resolved I tried installing it but the Smartthings integration is still unavailable with the following errors:

Error setting up entry Home for smartthings

March 12, 2022, 1:05:22 PM – (ERROR) components/smartthings/__init__.py

Error processing webhook 

This whole issue was pretty frustrating considering I had a simple Home Assistant Blue setup and I took precautions with backups. Now my automations and lovelace UIs are in disarray with all these unavailable devices.

Is my only solution to start over with the Smartthings integration?

I think yes and no but I’m not great at troubleshooting this. if you remove add the integration you can still use the same key to install it.

Thanks. I’ll create a separate thread to double check on this. It will be a lot of work to remove the integration and add back.

I think it will keep the same entities when you add it back. So it’s not that much work. Just removing and adding the integration back.