All USB Ports died on HomeAssistant Blue (ODROID-N2+)

Yeah, thanks for the response. I did not realize there were more ports underneath.

In the mean time I sent the board to Hard kernel for repair.

Sitting on pins and needles now. I love my Blue. FWIW Iā€™ve been powering it over PoE using a Texas PoE adapter since the day I got it up and runningā€¦

Did you ever managed to reset it? a script for resetting would be greatā€¦ the only way I get it done right now is a restart of the whole system.

Oh, thanks for catching up. Nope, never got the USB ports back to life ever again. I migrated to a Intel NUC as Proxmox host and installed my Home Assistant OS installation into a VM.

Mine died also.

Uuugh.

Very sad and disappointed.

I thought Iā€™d respond to this issue as Iā€™ve just experienced this myself yesterday. I have an ODROID N2+, and for at least a couple of years, it worked fine with a Zigbee stick and a bluetooth adaptor in two of the USB ports. I updated to OS 11.2, and the two devices stopped working. Thinking that the upgrade broke something, I rolled back to v11.1, but nothing changed - the USB ports were dead. I check with a USB power meter, and it did not switch on.

However, I did notice that the power meter switched on briefly during a reboot. I saw a comment earlier about changing out the PSU made a difference, so I switched out the PSU that I had been using since I got the ODROID for a 12V 3.3A version, and the USB ports are working correctly again!

So, I guess if you have an ODROID N2+ with apparently faulty USB ports, try changing out the PSU for a beefier one, even if the existing one has been working for a long time. It might just well be the cause of the problem!

1 Like

I take my previous suggestion back. On rebooting after an update to OS 11.3, the four USB ports flicker on briefly on startup, and switches off for the rest of the time. This causes my bluetooth and zigbee sticks to be unpowered, and therefore, unrecognised in HA. No amount of rebooting changed the outcome, but I did notice that the period that the USB ports are powered seem to vary with each reboot.

Like @worm5406, Iā€™m sad and disappointed by this development.

In the meantime, Iā€™ve decided to give a ethernet/wifi to zigbee bridge a go (https://www.tindie.com/products/smartlightme/smlight-slzb-06m-zigbee-ethernet-poe-usb-wifi-adap/), and use the N2+ as an ethernet-only device. Bluetooth functionality isnā€™t critical, but Iā€™ve got plenty of ESP32 around to make a wifi bluetooth proxy if need be.

Thanks @welshcoder , I am sorry that others are at the junction also.

I got an odroid m1 combo and have been happy after the migrate over. Just wish there was an easy OS update.