Allow grouping entities as a single HomeKit device

Hello,

I wondering why not expose multiple services of a device under a single HomeKit accessory entity? This allows for better readability in the Home or Eve app.

For example a Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Temperature / Humidity Sensor will expose 3 services Temperature, humidity and pressure.

Regards

I am very surprised this feature is not implemented yet and nobody has upvoted the request. Will try to add this functionality myself.

1 Like

Would this idea mean that services that may be exposed as individual entities would also be linked as a “feature” (attribute) of the parent entity?

For example, I have an Ecobee thermostat and it has preset modes. Homekit exposes a current_mode entity that allows me to change the mode, but this isn’t also exposed as an attribute of the thermostat entity itself, so when creating a thermostat card, the mode isn’t available as an optional feature I can display; I have to create a separate card for it.

I came here looking to see if this was suggested and found this… hoping this is exactly what I was looking for as a feature request.

I think this is the same request: Allow grouping entities as a single HomeKit device - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Would be amazing, you got my vote!

+1 from me