Allow iOS action overlay to be dismissed or customized

I don’t have an Android device to confirm whether this happens there too. This is just my experience with the iOS companion app

Right now, when you trigger an action from the companion app, Home Assistant is launched, and a full screen overlay is shown for 3 seconds indicating what was triggered. Unfortunately this overlay also seems to block any other interaction with the app until it disappears. I know this is a short time to wait, but it’s frustrating when I want to trigger an action and then adjust something else.

It would be great if, at the very least, tapping this overlay would make it disappear.

Additionally though, it would be amazing if:

• you could customize how long this overlay is shown, if at all
  • you could choose to have this show as an non-intrusive banner at the top
  • you could customize what screen is shown after the action (e.g. bring me to this tab of this dashboard, or show the color/brightness picker for this light)

To Reproduce

• Create a companion app action
  • Add it as a widget
  • Trigger the action

Expected behavior
At the very least, I’m able to immediately dismiss the overlay by tapping it, but ideally customize how or whether it’s shown at all, etc.

Screenshots
I seemingly can’t attach videos here, but you can see a video of the overlay I’m referring to on the issue I filed here Triggered action overlay blocks app interaction · Issue #2613 · home-assistant/iOS · GitHub

2024.3 will allow running actions widget in background without opening the app