Allow sensors to report delayed data

I’m working on integrating my electricity usage into Home Assistant using my local electricity company’s API, which only reports the previous day’s energy usage (GitHub - benrafshoon/hass_seattle_utilities: Home Assistant Integration for seattle utitlies). Every morning, the sensor reports the new “latest value” which is yesterday’s electricity usage. The result is that the energy dashboard show the electricity consumption shifted forward by one day: the data for “today” in the home assistant graph is actually yesterday’s energy usage, yesterday in the home assistant graph is 2-days-ago usage, etc. As far as I can tell, there’s no way to have a sensor report a value for a time other than right now.

Couple ideas

• Allow sensors to report a “time delay” alongside their value
  • Allow sensors to report multiple historical data points

Also possible that this is already supported somehow and I missed it in the Sensor Entity API

I’ve found 3 community threads that I think are also asking for this feature:

1. Energy usage is delayed or shifted in time in the graphs
  2. Energy Counter - delayed data
  1. Uses for delayed power consumption data from power company

+1 here, I have the same integration issue on my end.

Exactly the same scenario here. Getting delayed data, even 10’ updates for energy consumption including timestamp. I am finding no way to use this as a delayed sensor

Oh, maybe I spoke to soon. I just checked out a notification and here is a suggested solution.

Will have to try it out one of these days:

How can we get traction on this feature request. I have now several sensors (mostly from utility companies) where data is not immediate, but rather delayed anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days.

With current setup, it is hard to have sensor reporting such data correctly.