Energy Counter - delayed data

Hello,

I am looking for help with my problem - I have configured the energy tab - I have added a production with solar and a device, but I have a problem with the data provided by the energy meter.

In configuration Grid consumption, I have a meter connected, which gets data from my electricity provider’s API:

sensor.tauron_amiplus_consumption_yearly

tariff: G11
zones_updated: 08/20/2021, 15:03
generation: 2513.844
unit_of_measurement: kWh
friendly_name: Tauron AMIPlus consumption_yearly
icon: mdi: counter
device_class: power
state_class: measurement
custom_ui_more_info: last_reset
last_reset: ‘1970-01-01T00: 00: 00.000000 + 00: 00’

Everything is displayed correctly, but the problem is that the data provided by the electricity supplier is made available once a day for the previous day.

Therefore, the “Energy” panel shows me the current consumption by devices and current production, while the energy consumption from the supplier is the data from the previous day.

How can this be done but the data was displaying correctly? So, on a given day, I would only have the production from solar and the consumption of devices given, while the consumption from the supplier was 0 (because this data is not available), while in the history in the previous days, the complete display was displayed?

Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 12-36-52 Energy - Home Assistant

5 Likes

Hi Piotr,

i’ve exact the same problem.
Every Night i receive via REST-API the Consumption from the previous day. The Api is designed by myself, but i have no idea how i can fill the Utility Meter with data from the past.

Have you already found a solution to your problem?

Unfortunately, I have not found any solution. I finally bought an energy meter and now I have data online: WI-FI ENERGY METER 3-PH + N – Supla

I have the same problem, i could even get hourly data but with a 1 day delay.

I have the same problem. Total energy consumption data is updated by the power plant’s API (Tauron) the next day. The data is therefore counted on a bad day in the recorder.

The question is more general: is it possible to modify yesterday’s data in recorder entries?

I’m developing an integration for an electric utility company right now and am seeing the same thing - their data is delay a few hours so it shows up incorrectly.

Looking for a way I can set the date/time for new data coming into the sensor so it will be correct in HA.

I think it can be done by updating the database directly, but that’s far from ideal. I haven’t seen any other way thus far though.

Hi, has anybody found a way to import delayed data correctly? Thanks Marek

Would be really interested in the findings here too. My situation is even worse: I only get data via the (inofficial) API of my power provider with a 2d delay :frowning:

In the meantime I just started to write the information (available in 15’ intervals) to a influxdb - however would be great to be able to use HA for that too.

I have similar problem. My electricity provider updates the data after midnight.
It would be great to introduce timestamp offset into sensor entities.

Same here for EON in hungary. Data is reported for previous day only at about 4:30am each day. Would be nice to be able to ‘offset’ the data in time.

Bump, any updates on this?

Can the delayed sensor be copied with different timezone?

I made a workaround for the EON Hungary use-case, where there is a python script which fetches the data at 4am every day from the utility company and publishes it to MQTT. As the new data arrives, I extended the script to connect to the MariaDB behind HA and update the statistics back in time something like

UPDATE statistics SET state = <value as of yesterday, which we got today>, sum = <value as of yesterday, which we got today> - 5849.866 where metadata_id=291 AND start > <5am yesterday>

where the 5849.866 is the initial value my sensor had when I first connected it to HA (you can find your number in the statistic table). Metadat_id is the sensor’s id.

How did u get it to work ? I dont get a glue…

I use mqtt

I tryed it for a week now… and now i got it…
If someone else got a this look here !!

it is polish but google translate can help!

@piotr1 thank you !