Alpha release of an Android app

Thanks, I didn’t know you could do that, but it would still be useful to just have one home screen widget which auto-populates with all of your entities.

I want in! But I don’t know how to send a PM :-/

click on the name from someone you want to send a pm to, then click on message.

Thanks for the response Rene! That’s what I figured but I don’t see any ‘message’ button. Tried a search on the page too.

at least i can see that you can get messages. (the left figure 1 above your N picture shows that you have a message)
you are still a “new user” so it can be that you are not allowed yet to send messages.

i tried to seek out where i can find the granted privileges list, but my pc hangs on that (could be a browser problem)

Is there anywhere I can download the app?
I didn’t find a link anywhere (and I have signed up already).

I would love to see this. I’m just learning how to use home Assistant but would love some Android wear integration.

Since I can’t pm… Can I join the alpha please?

The initiative is much appreciated as I find a lot of trouble using the kiosk mode in Nexus 6p. Interestingly, my other phones don’t have any problem. And if the kiosk mode works, the web view is quite perfect I must say.
Even then the usability of the native app could be very beneficial if feature like location reporting can be integrated as there are lot of hassle to setup a perfect location/presence detectors in hass. I found own tracks was nearly perfect unless it messes with the accuracy…

This is the big thing for me. I plan to mount reflashed Kindle Fires on the wall in most rooms, and I want a way to control their brightness based on the lights in the room, wake the screen when you walk in the room, display messages/play sounds in response to burglar alarm or particularly weather alerts, etc

Yes, I could probably rig something up with Automate but for everything I want to do that’s an overwhelming undertaking and would be a royal pain to get working consistently

I’d also love to try the Alpha app, will be able to test any of the following things: Android TV support, Chromecast support, Android Wear support. On my phone I’m running Android 7.0 (Xiaomi Mi4 LTE) and I have an old tablet running 5.0 (Asus Transformer TF101).

Widget would be very cool I love the homebridge plugin on my iPhone to control all switches over the control HomeKit panel in ios10. But my girlfriend uses a android phone.

Moving this thread to the 3rd party integrations and closing the Android section as it is not being used. We can open it again in the future if development and interest picks up again.

Hi,

Send me apk [email protected].

thanks,
itzik

@adgelbfish I’d be keen to test it.

You can email me on [email protected]

Hi I would like to be involved in the alpha testing. Please send me a copy [email protected] thanks.

Is the source on github? I’m an android dev (and I’ve done some react native). I had started an android app too, but you’ve got further. I’m keen to collaborate.

Found it! https://github.com/adgelbfish/ha-react-native

I’m interested in trying out the app, but I’m a new account here and can’t pm you. I think of you PM me I can reply though.