Amazing ESPHome/ESP32 security/controller board!

Hi guys,

Just want to share with you this amazing ESPHome/ESP32 security/controller board I found on Aliexpress. Link to the product is here. This board has 12 digital input terminals(with Opotocoupler isolation), 8 onboard analog output terminals and 8 additional/expandable analog outputs, 4 relays, 4 analog input terminals. It also has built-in Ethernet, USB C port and supports 2G/3G/4G cellular modules, etc. I just replaced my home-brew security board with this one and I am super happy with the result. My home-brew board is kind of ugly and has interference issues during thunder storms and hopefully this new board will eliminate that issue. Will report back later on how it performs when there are thunder storms.

4 Likes

Are you using this with esphome?

Yes. I am using it with ESPHome. @nickrout

1 Like

Cool thanks, great find.

@allenxiang what type of motion sensors (if any) are you using this with?

My home has these sensors already pre-wired

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/461728541.html?

(Not these specific ones but something similar).

Wonder if if I could tie these to the inputs?

My motion sensor is also similar to yours (wired, uses 12V DC power). I just wired it to a 12V DC power, one of the inputs and one ground terminal on my board. Worked perfectly fine. @ld9000

1 Like

I use the A4 and A8 boards for my driveway gate. Iā€™m quite happy with them

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1100463977

Yes, I concur, the KinCony folks both have good hardware ā€˜chopsā€™ and are participating in the DIY Home Automation space for software/firmware.

That said, I do highly recommend ā€œbuying two for twice the price, cause if its good its gone, of any device that you integrate into your ā€˜significant othersā€™ infrastructureā€. :wink:

Good hunting!

1 Like

Yeah Kincony is doing some quite nice hardware based on ESP :wink: Iā€™m using quite few boards from them for professional HA setup and no problem with them after 2 years running on site ! The K868-AG is great for IR control too :wink:

Hmā€¦ i agree, it is a great thing with tons of features, but i think itā€™s somewhat too expensiveā€¦ 178ā‚¬ for full option isā€¦well ā€¦ a lot, donā€™t you think? 70ā‚¬ just for gsm 4G moduleā€¦?

@Protoncek Yeah. Itā€™s a bit expensive comparing with ESP32 bare dev boards. For me I didnā€™t need the 4G module, so I only spent a little over 100$. Also the commercial home security board I found remotely close to this board is over 200$. Which doesnā€™t support any cellular modules. So in the end, still a reasonable purchase in my case. By the way, the SIM7600 4G module can be found from other sellers with much cheaper price and the form factor looks identical. So maybe worth buying the board and 4g module separately from different vendors if you have to have a 4g module?

@dproffer @vincen So glad you guys are happy with Kincony boards as well. Gives me more confidence with KC868-A4S. @bdraco Good advice. Iā€™ll get another one soon just in case.